2006-10-16 19:36:33

by Per Thomas Jahr

Subject: [Bluez-users] Address endianess?

Hi,

Is there a standard ordering of the bytes in a bluetooth address?

On my linux box (2.6.12.1):
# hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 00:02:72:C0:7C:2B

But when my phone (Sony Ericsson K800i) discovers my server, I get this
address for the server:

2B7CC0720200

This is from the Java bluetooth api on the device. And yes, I have to
reverse that address in order to connect to the server.

--
Thanks
Per Thomas

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Address endianess?

Hi Per Thomas,

> Is there a standard ordering of the bytes in a bluetooth address?
>
> On my linux box (2.6.12.1):
> # hcitool dev
> Devices:
> hci0 00:02:72:C0:7C:2B
>
> But when my phone (Sony Ericsson K800i) discovers my server, I get this
> address for the server:
>
> 2B7CC0720200
>
> This is from the Java bluetooth api on the device. And yes, I have to
> reverse that address in order to connect to the server.

the Bluetooth device address (BD_ADDR for short) is an IEEE address and
it is always transmitted in reverse order.

Regards

Marcel