2007-02-19 21:18:45

by Per Thomas Jahr

Subject: [Bluez-users] How to tell if EDR is used?

Hi,

I'm doing file transfers from my computer to my phone, but I'm not sure
if it's using EDR or not. Is there some way I can find this out by using
f.ex. hcitool, hciconfig or some other tool during the file transfer?

I use obexftp for the file transfer and both ends should support
Bluetooth 2 + EDR.

BTW: where do I find the explanation for the "Features" bytes?

My computer:

# hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:02:XX:XX:XX:XX ACL MTU: 1017:8 SCO MTU: 64:0
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:246878 acl:12503 sco:0 events:6411 errors:0
TX bytes:13069645 acl:25366 sco:0 commands:45 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8d 0xfe 0x9b 0xf9 0x00 0x80
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'delphi-0'
Class: 0x120104
Service Classes: Networking, Object Transfer
Device Class: Computer, Desktop workstation
HCI Ver: 2.0 (0x3) HCI Rev: 0x4000 LMP Ver: 2.0 (0x3) LMP Subver: 0x430e
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corporation (15)

My phone (Sony Ericsson K800i):

# hcitool info 00:19:XX:XX:XX:XX
Requesting information ...
BD Address: 00:19:XX:XX:XX:XX
LMP Version: 2.0 (0x3) LMP Subversion: 0x520
Manufacturer: ST Microelectronics (48)
Features: 0xff 0xeb 0x8d 0xfe 0x9b 0xe9 0x00 0x00
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
<park state> <RSSI> <SCO link> <HV3 packets> <u-law log>
<A-law log> <CVSD> <power control> <transparent SCO>
<broadcast encrypt> <EDR ACL 2 Mbps> <EDR ACL 3 Mbps>
<inquiry with RSSI> <extended SCO> <EV4 packets> <EV5 packets>
<AFH cap. slave> <AFH class. slave> <3-slot EDR ACL>
<5-slot EDR ACL> <AFH cap. master> <EDR eSCO 2 Mbps>
<EDR eSCO 3 Mbps> <3-slot EDR eSCO>

Thanks
Per Thomas

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] How to tell if EDR is used?

Hi Per Thomas,

> > > I'm doing file transfers from my computer to my phone, but I'm not sure
> > > if it's using EDR or not. Is there some way I can find this out by using
> > > f.ex. hcitool, hciconfig or some other tool during the file transfer?
> >
> > the EDR is activated by default. You actually have to manually
> > deactivate it.
>
> OK. Then there is something else wrong - the transfer is very slow. Do
> you have any hints or tips for how to debug the problem?

my guess is that it is the phone. It still needs a CPU that can handle
these data rates.

Regards

Marcel

by Per Thomas Jahr

--
Per Thomas

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Per Thomas,

> I'm doing file transfers from my computer to my phone, but I'm not sure
> if it's using EDR or not. Is there some way I can find this out by using
> f.ex. hcitool, hciconfig or some other tool during the file transfer?

the EDR is activated by default. You actually have to manually
deactivate it.

> BTW: where do I find the explanation for the "Features" bytes?

>>From the Bluetooth specification.

Regards

Marcel