2007-04-10 15:18:29

by Per Thomas Jahr

Subject: [Bluez-users] A2DP - using a mobile as source?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the a2dpd program for streaming
audio from a mobile (Sony Ericsson K800i) to an Alsa output on the PC?
>>From what I could read, most of the usages were the other way around
(using a Bluetooth headset with a PC f.ex.).

Thanks
--
Per Thomas

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] A2DP - using a mobile as source?

Per Thomas

> I had to modify the source a bit. Also I will implement the missing
> parts of the protocol (f.ex. a "suspend stream" is issued when I change
> tracks). I guess I will post the code somewhere when I'm finished

please send a patch here or even better bluez-devel.

a2recv is sort of without a home right now since it wasn't in the list
of stuff to get taken up into plugz. we may work it into the bluez utils
before long though.

brad

by Per Thomas Jahr

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 18:09 +0200, Frederic Dalleau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Per Thomas Jahr wrote:
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to use the a2dpd program for streaming
> > audio from a mobile (Sony Ericsson K800i) to an Alsa output on the PC?
> >
> A2dpd do not have this role but there is a program a2recv that does what
> you want.
> I think it is available in btsco-0.5 tarball on sourceforge or look for
> btsco module in cvs.

Thank you - it works! I'm not sure of how useful this is, but it's very
cool.

I had to modify the source a bit. Also I will implement the missing
parts of the protocol (f.ex. a "suspend stream" is issued when I change
tracks). I guess I will post the code somewhere when I'm finished (or
commit it to cvs).

Thanks
--
Per Thomas

by Frédéric Dalleau

Hi,

Per Thomas Jahr wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to use the a2dpd program for streaming
> audio from a mobile (Sony Ericsson K800i) to an Alsa output on the PC?
> =

A2dpd do not have this role but there is a program a2recv that does what =

you want.
I think it is available in btsco-0.5 tarball on sourceforge or look for =

btsco module in cvs.

Fr=E9d=E9ric