2007-07-04 14:03:09

by Mats Erik Andersson

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bad transmission rate on second slave-client.

Hello,

in resolving the issue of two dongles I just posted a
solution for, something else came up on transmission
rate. I have this NAP-station running Bluez-utils 3.7
using Debian Etch and full Dbus-support. Emulating
future embedded systems I am using two laptops

A: running Debian Sarge, Broadcom 2045 dongle

B: running Debian Etch, CSR dongle

and both are using a privately built Bluez-utils 2.25,
where my only changes are to switch of dbus, bluepin,
and bcm203x. The embedded systems cannot afford the
space demands of dbus, hence it is switched of. Observe,
these clients are internally operation without dbus,
the server/master makes full use of dbus.

The remarkable thing is that, at first laptop A ran a
full speed bluetooth connection for several days, but
laptop B had minimal speed with heavily fractured packets,
and in addition forced itself to be a master aginst the
server configuration. When this upset master-slave relation
was remedied, laptop B achieved full speed. But to my dismay
laptop A has now deteroriated to fractional transmission
and terrible 7-8kbyte rates. In spite, of repeatedly halting
laptop as well as server, and erasing /var/lib/bluetooth/*
on both machines, I am presently stuck with this disfunction.
At present it did not even help to let the two laptops
establish connections to different dongles on the server,
now that I managed to resolve that issue.

Comments? Suggestions? I am almost at loss here!

Best regards, Mats E A

by Mats Erik Andersson

tor 2007-07-05 klockan 10:07 +0200 skrev Marcel Holtmann:
> Hi Mats,

> no idea what you are actually trying. Check your settings and make sure
> you use dongles that are known to work correctly.

Alarm called off. I could later that first evening verify that the
dongle hat stopped working reliably. It could be questioned or reset
by hciconfig. Sorry for the message noice!

Regards Mats E A

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mats,

> in resolving the issue of two dongles I just posted a
> solution for, something else came up on transmission
> rate. I have this NAP-station running Bluez-utils 3.7
> using Debian Etch and full Dbus-support. Emulating
> future embedded systems I am using two laptops
>
> A: running Debian Sarge, Broadcom 2045 dongle
>
> B: running Debian Etch, CSR dongle
>
> and both are using a privately built Bluez-utils 2.25,
> where my only changes are to switch of dbus, bluepin,
> and bcm203x. The embedded systems cannot afford the
> space demands of dbus, hence it is switched of. Observe,
> these clients are internally operation without dbus,
> the server/master makes full use of dbus.
>
> The remarkable thing is that, at first laptop A ran a
> full speed bluetooth connection for several days, but
> laptop B had minimal speed with heavily fractured packets,
> and in addition forced itself to be a master aginst the
> server configuration. When this upset master-slave relation
> was remedied, laptop B achieved full speed. But to my dismay
> laptop A has now deteroriated to fractional transmission
> and terrible 7-8kbyte rates. In spite, of repeatedly halting
> laptop as well as server, and erasing /var/lib/bluetooth/*
> on both machines, I am presently stuck with this disfunction.
> At present it did not even help to let the two laptops
> establish connections to different dongles on the server,
> now that I managed to resolve that issue.

no idea what you are actually trying. Check your settings and make sure
you use dongles that are known to work correctly.

Regards

Marcel