2007-07-18 12:03:56

by Adrian van Dongen

Subject: [Bluez-users] Near Field Communication (NFC) support Bluez/Linux

Hi,

Is there any support for Near Field Communication (NFC) in the linux kernel
or bluez lib. If not is it on the roadmap or are there any plans ?

Regards,

Adrian.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Bluetooth (Bluetooth 2.1)
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_Field_Communication

Attachments:
(No filename) (287.00 B)
(No filename) (442.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Adrian,

> Is there any support for Near Field Communication (NFC) in the linux
> kernel or bluez lib. If not is it on the roadmap or are there any
> plans ?

we will support NFC as OOB authentication for Bluetooth 2.1, but first
the market has to actually produce hardware for it. There are no
standard components available right now and nobody is trying to
implement any NFC based solution on Linux (as far as I know).

Regards

Marcel