2007-07-19 12:51:59

by Adrian van Dongen

Subject: [Bluez-users] Computer not visible to other devices.

Hi

I installed a new clean debian system and the problem I had before is gone
now ( I can connect to my mobile now). This is a other hardware set so I
don't know if it due to the install or the hardware. I will see what i can
find out.

I do have a small other problem now, my new computer is not visible to other
bluetooth devices... what could be wrong ?

I read something about iscan en pscan both being enable but this not the
case in the new install:

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:10:60:A9:10:28 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:820 acl:0 sco:0 events:34 errors:0
TX bytes:614 acl:0 sco:0 commands:28 errors:0

can I force iscan to? I do have it enabled in the configuration.

Regards,

Adrian.

Attachments:
(No filename) (760.00 B)
(No filename) (1.15 kB)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Mats Erik Andersson

Hello there.

Probably same solution as last week: Add an entry

discoverto 0;

to the device section of your hcid.conf and reread the
configuration by issuing "sudo killall -HUP hcid".

Good luck Mats E A