2007-08-30 15:11:38

by Mats Erik Andersson

Subject: [Bluez-users] Byte order for baddr-to-string

Hello all,

I observe that the bluez-libs functions

int ba2str(const bdaddr_t *, char *);

char * batostr(const bdaddr_t *);

deliver strings with different byte order. Is it just
me making a slip of mind regarding netorder or endianness,
or is there a deeper reason that I fail to comprehend?
I observe the same thing on i386 architecture as well
as on cris architecture.

Thanks for any pointers or corrections.

Best regards

M E Andersson

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Byte order for baddr-to-string

Hi Mats,

> I observe that the bluez-libs functions
>
> int ba2str(const bdaddr_t *, char *);
>
> char * batostr(const bdaddr_t *);
>
> deliver strings with different byte order. Is it just
> me making a slip of mind regarding netorder or endianness,
> or is there a deeper reason that I fail to comprehend?
> I observe the same thing on i386 architecture as well
> as on cris architecture.

it is part of the specification. The user visible presentation is
different from the wire one.

Regards

Marcel