2005-05-29 14:59:13

by Bruno Abinader

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez-utils-2.17 -- Error compiling dbus.o

Hi everybody, i recently updated my dbus package and now i'm having
some problems trying to compile hcid/dbus.o file, the error is the
follow:

gcc -I/usr/include -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE
-I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -DENABLE_DBUS
-DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -Wall -O2 -o hcid main.o security.o
storage.o lib.o parser.o lexer.o kword.o glib-ectomy.o dbus.o=20
-L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so
dbus.o(.text+0x7a): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
: undefined reference to `dbus_message_append_iter_init'
dbus.o(.text+0x8b): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_boolean'
dbus.o(.text+0x97): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array'
dbus.o(.text+0x381): In function `reply_handler_function':
: undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_get_reply'
dbus.o(.text+0x3dd): In function `reply_handler_function':
: undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_string'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: ** [hcid] Erro 1
make[2]: Saindo do diret=F3rio `/home/bruno/src/bluez-utils-2.17/hcid'
make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
make[1]: Saindo do diret=F3rio `/home/bruno/src/bluez-utils-2.17'
make: ** [all] Erro 2

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

--=20
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
GVoIP - INdT/UFAM

by Bruno Abinader

Thanks Marcel, i made a checkout on the files in the CVS and compiled
it, and now both bluez-libs and bluez-pin are working fine with the
new DBUS version.

2005/5/30, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi Bruno,
>=20
> > That's fine, Claudio and Marcel. I have read about the changes on
> > D-BUS and it affected a lot of programs that i use on my distro, so i
> > can't change it back to 0.23 version. I'll try to look at the code and
> > make the changes myself. If i suceed on that, i'll send the patch for
> > the list.
>=20
> for hcid the change is in the CVS and so you should use that patch
> instead of trying to write something by yourself.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel
>=20
>=20

--=20
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
10LE/INdT - GVoIP/UFAM

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Bruno,

> That's fine, Claudio and Marcel. I have read about the changes on
> D-BUS and it affected a lot of programs that i use on my distro, so i
> can't change it back to 0.23 version. I'll try to look at the code and
> make the changes myself. If i suceed on that, i'll send the patch for
> the list.

for hcid the change is in the CVS and so you should use that patch
instead of trying to write something by yourself.

Regards

Marcel

by Bruno Abinader

That's fine, Claudio and Marcel. I have read about the changes on
D-BUS and it affected a lot of programs that i use on my distro, so i
can't change it back to 0.23 version. I'll try to look at the code and
make the changes myself. If i suceed on that, i'll send the patch for
the list.
Thanks!=20

--=20
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
10LE/INdT - GVoIP/UFAM

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Claudio,

> The DBUS is under development, the functions name/signatures changed.
> The bluez-utils 2.17 is compatible with D-Bus 0.23.
>
> I recommend use the D-Bus version 0.23. Change hcid and bluez-pin
> to support D-Bus 0.33 will require a signicant effort due bugs in the
> array iterator functions. I not sure if this problem was solved in the
> CVS version.

I never tested it against D-Bus 0.33, but it should be fixed.

The bluez-pin is another story, but I am not responsible for it.

Regards

Marcel

by Claudio Takahasi

Hi Bruno,

The DBUS is under development, the functions name/signatures changed.
The bluez-utils 2.17 is compatible with D-Bus 0.23.

I recommend use the D-Bus version 0.23. Change hcid and bluez-pin
to support D-Bus 0.33 will require a signicant effort due bugs in the=20
array iterator functions. I not sure if this problem was solved in the=20
CVS version.

Regards,
Claudio.

On 5/29/05, Bruno Abinader <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Marcel, sorry for not saying the dbus version, it is dbus-0.33.
> I will try the CVS ones and tell you if it works, thanks!
>=20
> 2005/5/29, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> > Hi Bruno,
> >
> > > i recently updated my dbus package and now i'm having
> > > some problems trying to compile hcid/dbus.o file, the error is the
> > > follow:
> > >
> > > gcc -I/usr/include -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE
> > > -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -DENABLE_DBUS
> > > -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -Wall -O2 -o hcid main.o security.o
> > > storage.o lib.o parser.o lexer.o kword.o glib-ectomy.o dbus.o
> > > -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so
> > > dbus.o(.text+0x7a): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_append_iter_init'
> > > dbus.o(.text+0x8b): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_boolean'
> > > dbus.o(.text+0x97): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array'
> > > dbus.o(.text+0x381): In function `reply_handler_function':
> > > : undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_get_reply'
> > > dbus.o(.text+0x3dd): In function `reply_handler_function':
> > > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_string'
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make[2]: ** [hcid] Erro 1
> > > make[2]: Saindo do diret=F3rio `/home/bruno/src/bluez-utils-2.17/hcid=
'
> > > make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
> > > make[1]: Saindo do diret=F3rio `/home/bruno/src/bluez-utils-2.17'
> > > make: ** [all] Erro 2
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated!
> >
> > it would be great if you tell us about what version of D-Bus we are
> > talking about. I am unable read minds ;)
> >
> > However it seems that these functions are missing:
> >
> > dbus_message_append_iter_init()
> > dbus_message_iter_append_boolean()
> > dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array()
> > dbus_pending_call_get_reply()
> > dbus_message_iter_get_string()
> >
> > You can try the CVS, because I added the support for newer D-Bus
> > libraries after the 2.17 release was out.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel

>=20
>=20
> --
> Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
> GVoIP - INdT/UFAM
>=20
>=20

by Bruno Abinader

Hi Marcel, sorry for not saying the dbus version, it is dbus-0.33.
I will try the CVS ones and tell you if it works, thanks!

2005/5/29, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi Bruno,
>=20
> > i recently updated my dbus package and now i'm having
> > some problems trying to compile hcid/dbus.o file, the error is the
> > follow:
> >
> > gcc -I/usr/include -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE
> > -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -DENABLE_DBUS
> > -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -Wall -O2 -o hcid main.o security.o
> > storage.o lib.o parser.o lexer.o kword.o glib-ectomy.o dbus.o
> > -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so
> > dbus.o(.text+0x7a): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_append_iter_init'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x8b): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_boolean'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x97): In function `hcid_dbus_request_pin':
> > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x381): In function `reply_handler_function':
> > : undefined reference to `dbus_pending_call_get_reply'
> > dbus.o(.text+0x3dd): In function `reply_handler_function':
> > : undefined reference to `dbus_message_iter_get_string'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: ** [hcid] Erro 1
> > make[2]: Saindo do diret=F3rio `/home/bruno/src/bluez-utils-2.17/hcid'
> > make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
> > make[1]: Saindo do diret=F3rio `/home/bruno/src/bluez-utils-2.17'
> > make: ** [all] Erro 2
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!
>=20
> it would be great if you tell us about what version of D-Bus we are
> talking about. I am unable read minds ;)
>=20
> However it seems that these functions are missing:
>=20
> dbus_message_append_iter_init()
> dbus_message_iter_append_boolean()
> dbus_message_iter_append_byte_array()
> dbus_pending_call_get_reply()
> dbus_message_iter_get_string()
>=20
> You can try the CVS, because I added the support for newer D-Bus
> libraries after the 2.17 release was out.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel