2004-03-07 18:30:08

by ALBERT RIBAS GUASCH

Subject: [Bluez-users] problem using kernel 2.4.18

Hello again!

I know that bluez-kernel-2.3 is no longer supported, and my kernel is out of date (red hat valhalla 2.4.18) , but I can't change my kernel, because I'm working on a robot and my manager doesn't want to change anything from it, so is there any way I can make BlueZ working on that machine? I get this error on doing make install:
make: *** [install] Error 1

thank you again!!!

Albert

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] problem using kernel 2.4.18

Hi Albert,

> I know that bluez-kernel-2.3 is no longer supported, and my kernel is out of date (red hat valhalla 2.4.18) , but I can't change my kernel, because I'm working on a robot and my manager doesn't want to change anything from it, so is there any way I can make BlueZ working on that machine? I get this error on doing make install:
> make: *** [install] Error 1

the bluez-kernel-2.3 is out of date and contains many unfixed bugs. My
-mh patches are not meant for a RedHat kernel, so you are on your own if
you don't wanna update your kernel to a newer vanilla one.

Regards

Marcel