2004-02-16 15:31:56

by Thomas Chiverton

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] File transfer

On Monday 16 February 2004 15:15 pm, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Sadly I've had bad experiences with Konqueror,
> and am now committed to Mozilla as my browser.
> I suspect you will find most Fedora users prefer Mozilla.

Konq. is used as a generic browser in KDE - it's a file browser as well as a
web browser, and each protocol (http://, sdp://) is provided by a plugin -
there just isn't a plugin for Mozilla that does the same job (yet !) :-)
Personaly I use FireFox for the web, and Konq. for files.

> I used to compile quite a lot,
> but my experience trying to compile with KDE
> is that it is rarely a useful way to spend one's time ...

With a decent package manager (Fedora has yum and apt, iirc) it's easy these
days - just grab the *-devel packages and most of your ./configure problems
go away.

--
Tom Chiverton
Advanced ColdFusion Programmer

Tel: +44(0)1749 834997
email: [email protected]
BlueFinger Limited
Underwood Business Park
Wookey Hole Road, WELLS. BA5 1AF
Tel: +44 (0)1749 834900
Fax: +44 (0)1749 834901
web: http://www.bluefinger.com
Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple
Quay, BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee
only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this
communication if received in error. No binding contract will result from
this e-mail until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of
the company. BlueFinger Limited cannot accept responsibility for the
completeness or accuracy of this message as it has been transmitted over
public networks.***