2004-02-27 04:50:05

by Lalith Chakravarthi

Subject: [Bluez-users] Emulator

Hi

I want to know how to get the emulator working. I dont have any real
bluetooth hardware. I want to simulate both a local device and a remote
device. I could emulate two local devices with

>>hciemu localhost:10
>>hciemu localhost:20

But I want to know how to emulate a remote device and establish a link
between them... I would like to have the exact commands for doing so
and to send/recieve files between them. And since I am more of a
beginner, could you add some more details in it?

-- Lalith

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Emulator

Hi Lalith,

> I want to know how to get the emulator working. I dont have any real
> bluetooth hardware. I want to simulate both a local device and a remote
> device. I could emulate two local devices with
>
> >>hciemu localhost:10
> >>hciemu localhost:20
>
> But I want to know how to emulate a remote device and establish a link
> between them... I would like to have the exact commands for doing so
> and to send/recieve files between them. And since I am more of a
> beginner, could you add some more details in it?

I haven't used the emulator, but you should get two Bluetooth devices if
you call hciconfig. And with the device addresses you can create any
connection between them that you want.

Regards

Marcel