2004-03-02 17:01:11

by zubiwat

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problems with RS232 and BT - Can't init device hci0

I have CSR chip connected to my PC by RS232
When try to use hciattach /dev/ttyS0 any 921600 flow I always get:
hcid[2594]: HCI daemon ver 2.4 started
hcid[2594]: HCI dev 0 registered
hcid[2612]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)

When I use hciattach /dev/ttyS0 csr 921600 flow I get:
Initialization timed out.

I also tried to setserial /dev/ttyS0 baud_base 921600

What is the problem because i red almost every howto and mail on mailing list.
I only get some signals from the device but he can't analize what is it.
Im using bluez-libs 2.5, bluez-utils 2.4 with kernel 2.4.22
Please help me!

Maciej Zubilewicz

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Maciej,

> I have CSR chip connected to my PC by RS232
> When try to use hciattach /dev/ttyS0 any 921600 flow I always get:
> hcid[2594]: HCI daemon ver 2.4 started
> hcid[2594]: HCI dev 0 registered
> hcid[2612]: Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)
>
> When I use hciattach /dev/ttyS0 csr 921600 flow I get:
> Initialization timed out.
>
> I also tried to setserial /dev/ttyS0 baud_base 921600
>
> What is the problem because i red almost every howto and mail on mailing list.
> I only get some signals from the device but he can't analize what is it.
> Im using bluez-libs 2.5, bluez-utils 2.4 with kernel 2.4.22
> Please help me!

are you sure that your ttyS0 is capable of more than 115200 baud?

Regards

Marcel

by Przemek

> When try to use hciattach /dev/ttyS0 any 921600 flow I always get:
[...]

try this:
$ strace -eopen hciattach /dev/ttyS0 any 921600

and watch, what's wrong.

Best regards,
Przemek Hausman

--