2004-03-05 09:46:57

by Lalith Chakravarthi

Subject: [Bluez-users] USB Dongle to Dongle -- Connection

Hi

I have two USB dongles... One on a laptop and other on my PC... I have
linux running on both the machines. I have installed all the necessary
packages.

I can even ping between the two. But I dont understand how I can
transfer files between the two computers. I checked using the sdptool
but the only service that can be found on the other computer is the sdp
server running.

Could someone please advise me as to how to make a file transfer
between these two computers. I am not using a GUI for this. So, I would
appreciate it if the procedure can be told as command line arguments.

Regards
Lalith

by Pavel Ruzicka

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] USB Dongle to Dongle -- Connection

Hello,

> I can even ping between the two. But I dont understand how I can
> transfer files between the two computers. I checked using the sdptool
> but the only service that can be found on the other computer is the sdp
> server running.

If you can ping on IP layer, you have probably BNEP0 interface active and you
can use standard tools like FTP or SCP.

If you can ping with "l2ping" and you haven't activated some service on L2,
you must run "pand" with right parameters on both sides.
After this you must add config file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bnep0
with IP parameters. You can config this automatically by hotplug.

Please find mails in list with subject "hotplug USB dongle problem" from 28
Feb 2004.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka