2004-03-18 06:58:36

by Lalith Chakravarthi

Subject: [Bluez-users] Data across Bluetooth Connection - Not file transfer

Hi...

I want to know how data maybe sent across an established bluetooth
connection?

I actually want to keep checking if a particular message (possibly in
the header or something) has been recieved over the bluetooth
connection and do a corresponding action (possibly run a program) when
that happens.

Could anyone help me out with this? I dont want to read a file and
implement the program after reading it, as this will be a high traffic
utilisation. Please do advise...

Regards
Lalith

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pavel,

> > I think there would be a way out for this. But I am not much of a
> > programmer. If you can give me any ideas, I can have our programmer
> > implement the same.
>
> I'am not programmer too ;-) Only some perl scripts...

if you talk about direct Bluetooth programming, it is all about socket
programming. Look at the examples under utils/test/

Regards

Marcel

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hi,

> I want the server to wait (you cud say listen) for a command to come
> from the client and when that command comes, the server should be able
> to do something, like opening an application.

I have two ideas.
1. Running server on virtual serial port /dev/rfcomm0 and waiting for
commands.
2. Running server on IP socket and waiting for commands.

Both solutions are universal for bluetooth, IrDA, serial cable...
You must write daemon, or look on the freshmeat or find something similar with
Google...

> I think there would be a way out for this. But I am not much of a
> programmer. If you can give me any ideas, I can have our programmer
> implement the same.

I'am not programmer too ;-) Only some perl scripts...

Best regards,

Pavel

by Lalith Chakravarthi

Hi

> I don't know if I exactly understand your needs.
> When you have running PAND server and other side try to make PAN
> connection,
> that kernel calls HOTPLUG with NET ADD action and you can
> automatically
> configure BNEP0 interface or do some other action, what do you want.

I want the server to wait (you cud say listen) for a command to come
from the client and when that command comes, the server should be able
to do something, like opening an application.

I dont want it to start up when the bnep interface comes up while the
connection is established. I cant send the command in the file because
I have to pass many such commands to the server in real-time case.

I think there would be a way out for this. But I am not much of a
programmer. If you can give me any ideas, I can have our programmer
implement the same.

Regards
Lalith

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> I want to know how data maybe sent across an established bluetooth
> connection?
> I actually want to keep checking if a particular message (possibly in
> the header or something) has been recieved over the bluetooth
> connection and do a corresponding action (possibly run a program) when
> that happens.

I don't know if I exactly understand your needs.
When you have running PAND server and other side try to make PAN connection,
that kernel calls HOTPLUG with NET ADD action and you can automatically
configure BNEP0 interface or do some other action, what do you want.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka