2004-03-30 15:02:25

by ALBERT RIBAS GUASCH

Subject: [Bluez-users] rfcomm connection refused / Host is down

Hi!

I'm using the BlueZ stack in kernel 2.4.24, and I've
got an usb dongle and I try to connect to an
RS232-bluetooth attached to a robot's serial port.

So, I do hciconfig and I get
hci0:
Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0A:3A:50:20:15 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO
MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:8280 acl:233 sco:0 events:233 errors:0
TX bytes:3096 acl:93 sco:0 commands:45 errors:0

When I do an hcitool -i hci0 inq, I can find the
RS232 adapter, but on doing
rfcomm -i hci0 connect /dev/rfcomm0 00:c0:1B:05:C8:2A 1

I get a message with:
Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused
or either:
Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Host is down

Can anybody help me??

Thank you!!!

Albert

by Thomas Chiverton

On Tuesday 30 Mar 2004 16:02 pm, you said:
> I get a message with:
> Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused
> or either:
> Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Host is down

Are the devices already paired ?

--
Tom Chiverton
Advanced ColdFusion Programmer

Tel: +44(0)1749 834997
email: [email protected]
BlueFinger Limited
Underwood Business Park
Wookey Hole Road, WELLS. BA5 1AF
Tel: +44 (0)1749 834900
Fax: +44 (0)1749 834901
web: http://www.bluefinger.com
Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple
Quay, BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee
only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this
communication if received in error. No binding contract will result from
this e-mail until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of
the company. BlueFinger Limited cannot accept responsibility for the
completeness or accuracy of this message as it has been transmitted over
public networks.***