2004-04-02 07:02:47

by ALBERT RIBAS GUASCH

Subject: [Bluez-users] Host is down

Hi Marcel!
When I do hciconfig -a , the prompt shows me:

hci0:
Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0A:3A:50:14:BC ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO
MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:2486 acl:0 sco:0 events:59 errors:0
TX bytes:472 acl:0 sco:0 commands:44 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
Class: 0x000100
Service Classes: Unspecified
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1)
LMP Subver: 0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

I've tried changing the link mode to MASTER and to
ACCEPT MASTER but I get the same message when I try
to rfcomm with the rs232 adapter: "Host is down".

Thank you for your help!!!

Albert

>Hi Albert,

>> I'm using rh7.3 with kernel 2.4.24.
>> I've installed bluez-libs-2.5, bluez-utils-2.5,
>> bluez-sdp1.5, bluez-pan1.1, buez-hcidump-1.8,
>> bluez-hciemu-1.0 and bluez-bluefw-1.0, and I have >an
>> usb-dongle that I want to rfcomm with an rs232
>> adapter in a robot.

>what do "hciconfig -a" show?

>Regards

>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Host is down

Hi Thomas,

> > why can't you post your answer as an answer to my mail?
>
> I think that's the answer :-)

but this program hasn't changed the subject ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Thomas Chiverton

--
Tom Chiverton
Advanced ColdFusion Programmer

Tel: +44(0)1749 834997
email: [email protected]
BlueFinger Limited
Underwood Business Park
Wookey Hole Road, WELLS. BA5 1AF
Tel: +44 (0)1749 834900
Fax: +44 (0)1749 834901
web: http://www.bluefinger.com
Company Reg No: 4209395 Registered Office: 2 Temple Back East, Temple
Quay, BRISTOL. BS1 6EG.
*** This E-mail contains confidential information for the addressee
only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this
communication if received in error. No binding contract will result from
this e-mail until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of
the company. BlueFinger Limited cannot accept responsibility for the
completeness or accuracy of this message as it has been transmitted over
public networks.***

2004-04-02 08:31:21

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Albert,

why can't you post your answer as an answer to my mail? Starting a new
thread every time is not a nice behaviour. Take a look on how a mailing
list should be used (http://www.bluez.org/lists.html).

> When I do hciconfig -a , the prompt shows me:
>
> hci0:
> Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:0A:3A:50:14:BC ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO
> MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> RX bytes:2486 acl:0 sco:0 events:59 errors:0
> TX bytes:472 acl:0 sco:0 commands:44 errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
> Link policy: HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
> Class: 0x000100
> Service Classes: Unspecified
> Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1)
> LMP Subver: 0x20d
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>

> I've tried changing the link mode to MASTER and to
> ACCEPT MASTER but I get the same message when I try
> to rfcomm with the rs232 adapter: "Host is down".

Leave it as slave and accept, but try to add the role switch parameter
to the link policy option. If this don't helps, post the hcidump again
and hope that on the CSR guys look at it, because the following reset
event is not normal.

Regards

Marcel