2004-04-09 22:30:49

by Pavel Ruzicka

Subject: [Bluez-users] Pretec and Ambicom BT2000E driver

Hello,

yesterday somebody talks about BT2000E CF card.
I have Pretec BT2000E CF card.
I found new version of alternative driver which probably fix resume problems
and 2.6 kernel compiling.
I found changelog here:
http://www.iral.com/~albertr/linux/bt2000e/ChangeLog

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by Pavel Ruzicka

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Pretec and Ambicom BT2000E driver

Hello,

> > This cards works now with bt2000e_cs.o but sometimes my Zaurus freezes
> > when removing card...
>
> What kernel does it work on? I'm trying to figure out HOW to compile it!

I use this card on Sharp Zaurus SL-C860, which is ARM architecture.
Kernel 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix. There are not possible to use newer
kernel.
I use precompiled driver.
I don't know, how to compile driver. Maybe write to kernel tree and edit
Makefile /usr/src/linux/drivers/bluetooth.
But I'am not kernel expert.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by Daniel Jimenez

--
Daniel Jimenez <djimenez[at]pobox[dot]com>

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> I know that driver and I really thought of including it, but the best
> way is to make it working through serial_cs and hci_uart/hciattach. Once
> this is solved every card with a 16C950 UART will work and not only the
> two with an Ericsson chip on it.

Today I make some experiments with it.
I have Zaurus SL-C860 with CackoRom kernel 2.4.18...

I edit configuration. After inserting BT2000E CF card is loaded serial_cs
kernel module.
DMESG: ttyS03 at port 0xf60002f8 (irq = 39) is a 16C950/954

# hciattach 10 ttyS3 ericsson 115200
# hciconfig hci0 up
Can't init device hci0. Connection timed out(110)

I've tried several combination with hciattach command with speed from 9600 to
460800, flow enabled/disabled but without success.

Do you have some idea?

Do you know right parameters for hciattach?

There are some more useful informations:
# cat /proc/tty/driver/serial
serinfo:1.0 driver:5.05c revision:2001-07-08
0: uart:16C950/954 port:F60002F8 irq:39 baud:115200 tx:139 rx:21 fe:6 brk:11
1: uart:unknown port:0 irq:0
2: uart:unknown port:0 irq:0
3: uart:unknown port:0 irq:0

# cat /proc/tty/drivers
serial_cpu /dev/cua 5 64-66 serial:callout
serial_cpu /dev/ttyS 4 64-66 serial
serial /dev/cua 5 67-70 serial:callout
serial /dev/ttyS 4 67-70 serial

# ls -l /dev/ttyS3
crw------- 1 zaurus root 4, 67 Apr 10 21:58 /dev/ttyS3

I have few more questions.
In dmesg I see: ttyS03... Why not ttyS3?

When I make"rmmod serial_cs"
I see in dmesg this: tty03 unloaded.
Why tty03 and not ttyS3?

I'am a little confused ;-)

This cards works now with bt2000e_cs.o but sometimes my Zaurus freezes when
removing card...

> Regards
> Marcel

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

2004-04-10 18:01:12

by Daniel Jimenez

> Hello,
>
> yesterday somebody talks about BT2000E CF card.
> I have Pretec BT2000E CF card.
> I found new version of alternative driver which probably fix resume
> problems and 2.6 kernel compiling.
> I found changelog here:
> http://www.iral.com/~albertr/linux/bt2000e/ChangeLog
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pavel Ruzicka

Were you able to get this to work in 2.6? I can't seem to find out how to
compile it.

by Daniel Jimenez

> Hi Pavel,
>
> I know that driver and I really thought of including it, but the best
> way is to make it working through serial_cs and hci_uart/hciattach.
> Once this is solved every card with a 16C950 UART will work and not
> only the two with an Ericsson chip on it.

My Ambicom card is an ericsson chipset and I can't seem to get it to work. :(

2004-04-10 10:34:01

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Pavel,