2004-05-12 20:23:12

by Rob Taft

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] DHCPD and Bluetooth

hotplug is installed. I added some lines to /etc/hotplug/usb/bluefw to
verify that it is getting executed, but it never does. Nor does it get
executed when I type "hotplug usb" or "hotplug usb/bluefw"

Secondly, it seems to me that the hotplug scripts supposed to be called when
a hardware device is connected. This is not my issue. I am trying to get a
Windows (or any OS) Client to connect to a Linux Server via Bluetooth. When
there is nothing connected to the server, bnep0 is not listed in ifconfig.
Now I've managed to get it to automatically assign an IP to the Server's
Bluetooth when a Client connects by creating
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bnep0 with the following data:

DEVICE=bnep0
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
IPADDR=192.168.3.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
BROADCAST=192.168.3.255

This solves half my problem..setting the IP of bnep0 when a client connects,
since the IP is lost when the client disconnects.

The other half of the problem is the DHCP server. Once the client
disconnects from the server, bnep0 drops the IP, and DHCP no longer serves
IP's for it. When a new client connects, I need the DHCP server to begin
serving bnep0 again. One way to do it is to restart the DHCP server, but if
I take that approach, I need to know when the client connets so I can
restart it. I don't think hotplug is what I am looking for since it is
hardware connection based.

Rob