2004-05-29 08:47:20

by Wolfgang Mües

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem with slow Speed of Socket CF Card

Hello,

I am using the Socket Communications CF Card Rev. G with the CSR chipset=20
and the bcsp protocol in my Zaurus C750 with Kernel 2.4.18.
It is working fine (thank you, guys).

hicattach opens the card with a speed of 230 KBit/s. This is the speed=20
the CSR chipset is initialized after reset. I am using PAN, and I get a=20
file transfer rate of about 150 KBit/s. With other bluetooth devices=20
(USB dongle) I get about 550-600 KBit/s.

I have asked Socket Communications if the card is limited to slow=20
baudrates, and they have answered me that this card is able to perform=20
about 730 KBit/s under ideal conditions.

Obviously, this is not possible with a serial UART and 230 KBit/s.
So there must be a speed change command, and I want to use it.

Can anybody give me some usefull advice how to proceed?=20
I am able to write/change kernel drivers, but I have no hint where to=20
start and how to get the speed change information in the bcsp protocol.

best regards
Wolfgang M=FCes

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Wolfgang,

> > this is simple. Try "hciattach <dev> socket 460800".
>
> Been there - done that.
>
> "BCSP initalisation timed out"
>
> 230400 Baud is the only baud rate which is working. Do I need a special
> version of the hciattach utility?

check the mailing list archives for a thread about BCSP and changing the
baud rate. This is not very easy and the CSR guys explained it in very
details.

Regards

Marcel

by Wolfgang Mües

Hello Marcel,

Am Samstag, 29. Mai 2004 11:00 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:

> this is simple. Try "hciattach <dev> socket 460800".

Been there - done that.

"BCSP initalisation timed out"

230400 Baud is the only baud rate which is working. Do I need a special
version of the hciattach utility?

best regards
Wolfgang M=FCes

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Wolfgang,

> I am using the Socket Communications CF Card Rev. G with the CSR chipset
> and the bcsp protocol in my Zaurus C750 with Kernel 2.4.18.
> It is working fine (thank you, guys).
>
> hicattach opens the card with a speed of 230 KBit/s. This is the speed
> the CSR chipset is initialized after reset. I am using PAN, and I get a
> file transfer rate of about 150 KBit/s. With other bluetooth devices
> (USB dongle) I get about 550-600 KBit/s.
>
> I have asked Socket Communications if the card is limited to slow
> baudrates, and they have answered me that this card is able to perform
> about 730 KBit/s under ideal conditions.
>
> Obviously, this is not possible with a serial UART and 230 KBit/s.
> So there must be a speed change command, and I want to use it.
>
> Can anybody give me some usefull advice how to proceed?
> I am able to write/change kernel drivers, but I have no hint where to
> start and how to get the speed change information in the bcsp protocol.

this is simple. Try "hciattach <dev> socket 460800".

Look at the manpage and the source code of hcitattch, because the kernel
hasn't really to do anything with it.

Regards

Marcel