2004-06-08 18:46:30

by Roger Larsson

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: D-Link DBT-120 destroyed? (with bluefw)

On Monday 07 June 2004 20.40, Max wrote:
> I'd suggest for you to ask this question on [email protected].
> And no, bluefw cannot possible kill the your DBT-120 because that
> devices does not have permanent firmware at all. It expects driver to
> load FW every time it's plugged in.

=46orgot to mention, my DBT-120 has hw revision B3.
I am not subscribed.

/RogerL

=2D-=20
Roger Larsson
Skellefte=E5
Sweden

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Roger,

> > > I was following instructions on a German site to get my DBT-120 to work
> > > in Linux. First time I skipped over that command. Second time I forgot to
> > > skip it.

what site?

> > > The D-Link does not light up any more - can it be repaired?

I don't know. What does dmesg say? What is in the log files?

> > > If not what USB BlueTooth adapter do you recommend?
> > > I will be using it with Ericsson phones (T610 and T39)

Your D-Link is fine ;)

> > I'd suggest for you to ask this question on [email protected].
> > And no, bluefw cannot possible kill the your DBT-120 because that
> > devices does not have permanent firmware at all. It expects driver to
> > load FW every time it's plugged in.
>
> Forgot to mention, my DBT-120 has hw revision B3.
> I am not subscribed.

And here is the problem. The DBT-120 (Rev B3) is not Broadcom based and
so it don't need a firmware download. It is CSR based.

Regards

Marcel