2004-06-12 22:56:21

by Gene Imes

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluepin

Sorry about that. I inadvertantly tacked this to another thread. My
apologies.

Anyone know how to fix this:

gene@tr1a:~> bluepin
Xlib: No protocol specified

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
import gtk
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
43, in ? from _gtk import *
RuntimeError: could not open display

Thanks,

Gene

by Peter Stephenson

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluepin

Gene Imes wrote:
> Anyone know how to fix this:
>
> gene@tr1a:~> bluepin
> Xlib: No protocol specified

It's probably some kind of authorization problem. Are you able

xauth merge ~/.Xauthority

?

--
Peter Stephenson <[email protected]> Software Engineer
CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,

the system manager.

http://www.mimesweeper.com

by Simon Huggins

'ello list

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 05:56:21PM -0500, Gene Imes wrote:
> Sorry about that. I inadvertantly tacked this to another thread. My
> apologies.

> Anyone know how to fix this:

> gene@tr1a:~> bluepin
> Xlib: No protocol specified

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/bluepin", line 39, in ?
> import gtk
> File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
> 43, in ? from _gtk import *
> RuntimeError: could not open display

You're trying to run the python-gtk bluez pin helper. Are you actually
in X?

You could change your pin helper to just be:
#!/bin/sh
echo "PIN:1234"

or whatever yours is and the corresponding pin_helper line in hcid.conf

I guess ultimately you might want the python-gtk helper to work though.

Simon.

--
Black Cat Networks -( "I'm gonna eat you, little fishy!" )-
UK domain, email and web hosting -( - The Cat )-