2004-06-15 22:23:33

by Alexandre Boeglin

Subject: [Bluez-users] Motorola v600 and Obex problems

Hello,

My current system is a Debian sid, running a stock 2.6.6 kernel.

My Bluetooth USB dongle is a noname with a CSR chip
(http://www.kabiloo.fr/boutique/telephonie/view.php?ref=USBDONGLE)
Vendor Id: 0a12
Product Id: 0001
Revision Number: 5.25

Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Class: 0x000100
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

My phone is actually a Motorola v525 flashed with the latest v600
firmware (the hardware is globally the same).

When transferring file from or to the phone using Obex Push, (with
obexftp, or gnome-bluetooth), the speed is generally around 2 or 3
kilobytes per second, which is really slow. I changed the preffered
packet type from DM1 to DH5, but it didn't changed anything...

Could someone tell me how to reach better performances? or what step I
must go through to find where the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

--
Alexandre Boeglin
e. mail : [email protected] | Jabber : [email protected]

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Motorola v600 and Obex problems

Hi Alexandre,

> My current system is a Debian sid, running a stock 2.6.6 kernel.
>
> My Bluetooth USB dongle is a noname with a CSR chip
> (http://www.kabiloo.fr/boutique/telephonie/view.php?ref=USBDONGLE)
> Vendor Id: 0a12
> Product Id: 0001
> Revision Number: 5.25
>
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Class: 0x000100
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x20d
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> My phone is actually a Motorola v525 flashed with the latest v600
> firmware (the hardware is globally the same).
>
> When transferring file from or to the phone using Obex Push, (with
> obexftp, or gnome-bluetooth), the speed is generally around 2 or 3
> kilobytes per second, which is really slow. I changed the preffered
> packet type from DM1 to DH5, but it didn't changed anything...
>
> Could someone tell me how to reach better performances? or what step I
> must go through to find where the problem could be?

leave all packet types on, because the link manager should really choose
what packet is will use. Allowing different types for a connection is in
general very senseless.

Your bandwith depends on the usage of the HCI on the phone side and how
fast the microcontroller of the phone is. Another point is the size of
the RFCOMM buffer and how good and fast their stack is.

Regards

Marcel