2004-06-23 12:52:18

by Collin R. Mulliner

Subject: [Bluez-users] automatic change of link role?

Hi List,

just a simple/stupid question. Do I have to change the link role
(master/slave) manually (by calling hci_switch_role) or does this happen
automatically if needed (the hci device is set to RSWITCH). I have a
program which will connect/disconnect to many different devices.

thanks ... Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <[email protected]>
BETAVERSiON Systems [http://www.betaversion.net]

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] automatic change of link role?

Hi Collin,

> just a simple/stupid question. Do I have to change the link role
> (master/slave) manually (by calling hci_switch_role) or does this happen
> automatically if needed (the hci device is set to RSWITCH). I have a
> program which will connect/disconnect to many different devices.

the link policy only allows role switch, it doesn't change the role. The
best way is to do it manually or set the link mode. The link mode can be
set for a device or also for a L2CAP listen socket.

Regards

Marcel