2004-06-24 18:53:28

by Charles Bueche

Subject: [Bluez-users] MX900 page updated

Hi all,

now that gentoo has a 2.6.7 kernel, I have tried Marcel's mh patch with
success, and I have updated my page about my setup :

http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/mx900.html

Feedback welcome.

I'm not sure wheter I still need the uinput module since I switched to
hidd. I remember Marcel saying uinput is not needed with hidd. So who
sends events to /dev/input/mice ? hidd directly ?

Charles

--
Charles Bueche <[email protected]>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

by Charles Bueche

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] MX900 page updated

Hi Douglas,

thanks for the info. I added a link to your HOWTO and your message to
the feedback section.

Regs,
Charles

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:41:15 +0000
Douglas Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I know this has been covered above but I just thought I'd add a little
> more info. Gentoo has got 2.7 libs and utils, but the dependancy
> system doesn't work quite as well as necessary to take care of
> seemless rolling in of one package to another, so anyone upgrading
> should then make sure bluez-sdp and bluez-pan are unmerged before they
> upgrade. I'm working on making things like kdebluetooth compile with
> 2.7 libs at the moment as currently they fail as sdp are no longer
> independent libs. Should be ready soon. Also, I made a howto for
> gentoo, which is largely based on your excellent work Charles but
> updated for 2.7 (hidd) and customized.
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~puggy/btmouse-howto/btmousehowto.html
>
> Puggy
>
> On Thursday 24 June 2004 20:12, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > > now that gentoo has a 2.6.7 kernel, I have tried Marcel's mh patch
> > > with success, and I have updated my page about my setup :
> >
> > aren't there any Gentoo packages for bluez-libs and bluez-utils?
> >
> > > I'm not sure wheter I still need the uinput module since I
> > > switched to hidd. I remember Marcel saying uinput is not needed
> > > with hidd. So who sends events to /dev/input/mice ? hidd directly
> > > ?
> >
> > You don't need uinput anymore. The HIDP Module will do this all by
> > itself. On my presentation at LinuxTag tomorrow I am going to show
> > how this all works. I created some nice new graphics ;)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel

Charles Bueche <[email protected]>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

by karthik bala guru

hei charles,
kindly,try and map that key combination .
Then they would be really very sad .
U do it and we would be surprised by the
rate at which the product will move in the
market .... that tooo especially among
the almost-stable-os-users as they would
be requiring it frequently while using it.

U map the combination into a single key press.
It would be even more attractive for them.
wht do u say ?

cheeeeeeers,
regards,
karthik bala guru

--- Charles Bueche <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sad we can't map ctrl-alt-del for
> that-other-almost-stable-OS users :-)
>
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
> karthik bala guru <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Thatz nice, with 8 keys we can do miracles.
> > It is more or less a bluetooth mini-keyboard /
> > mini-remote .

by Charles Bueche

Sad we can't map ctrl-alt-del for that-other-almost-stable-OS users :-)

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:53:36 -0700 (PDT)
karthik bala guru <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thatz nice, with 8 keys we can do miracles.
> It is more or less a bluetooth mini-keyboard /
> mini-remote .

by karthik bala guru

Hi,
Thatz nice, with 8 keys we can do miracles.
It is more or less a bluetooth mini-keyboard /
mini-remote . We can name it the kangaroo/cat.
Just for funn yaaaar.

A really Goood idea,
grrrrrrrrrrreat , Chhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeers. Best regards,
karthik bala guru
[email protected]

--- Charles Bueche <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would map "home" and "end" to the appropriate keys
> so I can jump
> up/down in web pages, but this is just an idea...
>
> Charles
>
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 01:07:34 -0700 (PDT)
> karthik bala guru <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > what is the neeed of 8 button mousr .
> > Right click, left Click, Scroll - thatz wat we
> > need while normal computing .
> > Is that so called '8 button mouse' a mouse
> > or '8 button wire remote' ????
> >
> > regards,
> > karthik bala guru
> > [email protected]
> >

> > --- Charles Bueche <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Hi Michal,
> > >
> > > thanks for feedback, see below.

> for
> > > all :)
> > >
> > > I still need to test this... soon.

> > > done, thx.

> some
> > > research about it?
> > >
> > > Not personaly, but below is a feedback I got a
> few
> > > days ago. I changed
> > > my setup and page to use proto "ExplorerPS/2",
> but
> > > so far didn't test
> > > the modpam stuff. It continues to work with
> another
> > > protocol, which is
> > > nice :-)
> > >
> > > Charles
> > >
> > > --------- 8 buttons ---------
> > > eight buttons to work in
> > > buttons. (3 buttons and 2
> > > extended version of the
> > > protocol for the sixth
> > > button, so my ~/.Xmodmap
> when
> > > buttons are

> Briefings &
> > > Training.
> > > Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas
> > > July 24-29 -
> > > digital self defense, top technical experts, no
> > > vendor pitches,
> > > unmatched networking opportunities. Visit
> > > http://www.blackhat.com

> & Training.
> > Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas
> July 24-29 -
> > digital self defense, top technical experts, no
> vendor pitches,
> > unmatched networking opportunities. Visit
> http://www.blackhat.com

> Charles Bueche <[email protected]>
> sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

> Training.
> Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas
> July 24-29 -
> digital self defense, top technical experts, no
> vendor pitches,
> unmatched networking opportunities. Visit
> http://www.blackhat.com

by Douglas Russell

> [...]

> buttons. (3 buttons and 2
> > for the scroll wheel.)
> > Micro$oft overcase this limit by creating an
> extended version of the
> > protocol, ExplorerPS/2.
> > I do know for a fact that the MX300 uses this
> protocol for the sixth
> > button.
> > The buttons are weird though.
> > The scroll wheel is located before the 6th
> button, so my ~/.Xmodmap
> > contains the line "buttons = 1 2 3 6 4 5"
> > The program imwheel can send keyboard events when
> buttons are
> > pressed, but not executing commands (AFAIK)

> Training.
> Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas
> July 24-29 -
> digital self defense, top technical experts, no
> vendor pitches,
> unmatched networking opportunities. Visit

by Charles Bueche

Hi Michal,

thanks for feedback, see below.

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:26:18 +0200
"Bc. Michal Semler" <[email protected]> wrote:
> remove hid2hci working for others :) It works for all :)

I still need to test this... soon.

> remove not needed uinput module and for Marcel

done, thx.

> how about 8 buttons on mouse? Did you make some research about it?

Not personaly, but below is a feedback I got a few days ago. I changed
my setup and page to use proto "ExplorerPS/2", but so far didn't test
the modpam stuff. It continues to work with another protocol, which is
nice :-)

Charles

--------- 8 buttons ---------
> I noticed that you are attempting to get all eight buttons to work in
> Linux.
> The ImPS/2 driver only has support for five buttons. (3 buttons and 2
> for the scroll wheel.)
> Micro$oft overcase this limit by creating an extended version of the
> protocol, ExplorerPS/2.
> I do know for a fact that the MX300 uses this protocol for the sixth
> button.
> The buttons are weird though.
> The scroll wheel is located before the 6th button, so my ~/.Xmodmap
> contains the line "buttons = 1 2 3 6 4 5"
> The program imwheel can send keyboard events when buttons are
> pressed, but not executing commands (AFAIK)

by Charles Bueche

Hi Marcel,

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:12:02 +0200
Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> > now that gentoo has a 2.6.7 kernel, I have tried Marcel's mh patch
> > with success, and I have updated my page about my setup :
>
> aren't there any Gentoo packages for bluez-libs and bluez-utils?

Right, they appeared a month ago, while I was waiting for a mh-patchable
kernel. They are still masked, which mean the install need special
steps. I have documented them as well.

> > I'm not sure wheter I still need the uinput module since I switched
> > to hidd. I remember Marcel saying uinput is not needed with hidd. So
> > who sends events to /dev/input/mice ? hidd directly ?
>
> You don't need uinput anymore. The HIDP Module will do this all by
> itself. On my presentation at LinuxTag tomorrow I am going to show how
> this all works. I created some nice new graphics ;)

I hope we see this online soon. Thanks a lot for your help !

Charles

--
Charles Bueche <[email protected]>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

2004-06-24 22:26:18

by CIJOML

Hi,

remove hid2hci working for others :) It works for all :) remove not needed
uinput module and for Marcel

how about 8 buttons on mouse? Did you make some research about it?

Michal

On Thursday 24 of June 2004 20:53, Charles Bueche wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> now that gentoo has a 2.6.7 kernel, I have tried Marcel's mh patch with
> success, and I have updated my page about my setup :
>
> http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/mx900.html
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> I'm not sure wheter I still need the uinput module since I switched to
> hidd. I remember Marcel saying uinput is not needed with hidd. So who
> sends events to /dev/input/mice ? hidd directly ?
>
> Charles

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Charles,

> now that gentoo has a 2.6.7 kernel, I have tried Marcel's mh patch with
> success, and I have updated my page about my setup :

aren't there any Gentoo packages for bluez-libs and bluez-utils?

> I'm not sure wheter I still need the uinput module since I switched to
> hidd. I remember Marcel saying uinput is not needed with hidd. So who
> sends events to /dev/input/mice ? hidd directly ?

You don't need uinput anymore. The HIDP Module will do this all by
itself. On my presentation at LinuxTag tomorrow I am going to show how
this all works. I created some nice new graphics ;)

Regards

Marcel

by karthik bala guru

Subject: [Bluez-users] XHTML Parser and Generator Tools

Hi,
Has anyone come across / used a XHTML Parser generator
tool in Opensource community developed in C ?
Do Kindly post the link / tool name .

I saw Amaya but it is big and will consume time
to get just the XHTML Parser / Generator from it.

1) GENX is XML Parser and No XHTML Parser / Generator
tool
developed using GENX by GENX till now.

2) EXPAT doesnt provide a opensource XHTML Parser /
Generator till today.

3) X-Smiles is simple and good but Java Based .

4) LibXml is also a library and no XHTML parser /
Generator Tool by them in opensource till today.

Has Someone got a simple setup with just
the XHTML Parser and Generator alone developed in C
available in OpenSource
or
Atleast a tool Develped Using the above library tools
available in Open source for XHTML Parsing and
Generation ?

Kindly let me know And Do Give me your link.

Thanks & Regards,
karthik bala guru