2004-07-31 10:31:44

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] ISSC USB Dongle does not work with current bluez?

Hi Andreas,

> > Another buggy Bluetooth chip with a stupid link manager. Is it really so
> > hard to get a correct HCI implementation before manufacturing end-user
> > products?
>
> That means? Wait until you got one yourself and write a little hack for this
> buggy chip? ;-)

it looks like that this device needs the HCI_Reset before it can run an
inquiry. Funny is that every other HCI command work without it. Try the
attached patch.

Regards

Marcel

Attachments:
patch (481.00 B)

2004-07-31 17:20:31

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andreas,

> > it looks like that this device needs the HCI_Reset before it can run an
> > inquiry. Funny is that every other HCI command work without it. Try the
> > attached patch.
>
> Patch works. Thanks! All works as it should.
> When will this patch be in the official kernel 2.6 tree?

very soon I hope. In the meantime you can use patch-2.6.7-mh4 which
includes this patch and also the BNEP default protocol filters fix.

Regards

Marcel

by Andreas Krause

> it looks like that this device needs the HCI_Reset before it can run an
> inquiry. Funny is that every other HCI command work without it. Try the
> attached patch.

Patch works. Thanks! All works as it should.
When will this patch be in the official kernel 2.6 tree?

CU - nak