2004-07-22 17:46:09

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Getting installed usb bluetooth adaptor into linux system

Hi David,

> Ok I understand, so network adaptors don't use any
> device nodes.
>
> After being plugged my usb bluetooth adaptor I did
> this one:
> #dmesg | grep hciconfig
> but I didn't get any output.

and this is stupid anyway. Call only "hciconfig -a".

> Then I tried
> #dmesg | grep usb
> usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
> usb.c: registered new driver hub
> usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.275 $ time 17:26:20 Mar 13
> 2003
> usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled
> usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xd400, IRQ 11
> usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
> usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
> usb-uhci.c: USB UHCI at I/O 0xd800, IRQ 11
> usb-uhci.c: Detected 2 ports
> usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
> usb-uhci.c: v1.275:USB Universal Host Controller
> Interface driver
> usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
> usb.c: registered new driver hid
> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0xa12/0x1) is not
> claimed by any active driver.
> usb.c: registered new driver hci_usb
>
> Seems to have detected my usb adaptor, doesn't it?,
> but I don't know how to proceed.

Yes. That is your Bluetooth dongle. As I said try "hciconfig -a".

> I follow your advice, so I typed:
> #ls -la /proc/bus/usb/devices
>
> and this is what I got
>
> -r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 22
> 12:25 /proc/bus/usb/devices
>

> Upss! I'm quite confused, cause I don't get anything
> in it.
>
> If you can think of something else, please let me
> know...

Do a "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" and send it over if hciconfig don't
find your device.

Regards

Marcel

by karthik bala guru

Subject: Getting the image !!

Hi,

I have pushed an image and infact plain-text and XHTML using OPP to another device.

But, Now i wouls like to know if i could get in the image that is present in the client(mobile) from the server using OPP .

kindly give enough info, regards,

karthik bala guru