2004-07-22 07:41:31

by Niklas Adolfsson

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Update on sending from K700i

----- Original Message -----
From: Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, July 22, 2004 8:52 am

> Hi Niklas,
>
> > I have tried the sending from my K700i a bit more now. First of
> all it
> > seems that the problem lies on the phone side. I have used two
> different
> > Z600 and the can send picture after picture, the are very stable
> and can
> > use everything avaliable in bluez that i have tried without
> problems.
> > The K700i though is instable, it looses the connection, it just
> stands
> > ant chews at "connecting" and i have to turn it off to get it to
> stop,
> > then it won't start for about 30 seks it is as if the battery
> was taken
> > out. When i send somethings from the phone it connects sometimes
> and
> > sometimes not, when i can send something it hangs and won't
> release from
> > the bluetooth connection making it impossible to send anything
> more. If
> > i am able to disconnect the connection using for example
> "hcitool" then
> > if i try to go back on it won't work.
> >
> > I have to see if i can update the software in the phone i guess,
> if
> > there are any updates considering bluetooth that is, otherwise
> it seems
> > that the bluetooth implementation in K700i is done badly by
> SonyEricsson.>
> > Does anoyone know if the K700i can have some kind of new or
> different
> > bluetooth implementation model that bluez won't handle yet or is
> it as i
> > think that bluetooth is bluetooth and this phone is bad at it?
>
> please try to update your phone, because I don't think that this
> is a
> BlueZ problem. The RFCOMM layer is known to work with a big number of
> phones without any problems. If SonyEricsson don't have a firmware
> update for this problem, I need a K700i so I can change the RFCOMM
> layerto get this phone working. However I will only do that if I
> have real
> hardware to test against.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

I will talk to the SonyEricsson service center to see if they have any updates. If i get it to work or anything else changes i will get back to you.

//niklas

2004-07-22 08:37:54

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Niklas,

> > please try to update your phone, because I don't think that this
> > is a
> > BlueZ problem. The RFCOMM layer is known to work with a big number of
> > phones without any problems. If SonyEricsson don't have a firmware
> > update for this problem, I need a K700i so I can change the RFCOMM
> > layerto get this phone working. However I will only do that if I
> > have real
> > hardware to test against.
> >
> I will talk to the SonyEricsson service center to see if they have any updates. If i get it to work or anything else changes i will get back to you.

I know that some guys from Ericsson are on the list. May they should
look at the problem or manage to get me a K700i.

Regards

Marcel

by Charles Bueche

Hi Niklas,

Have you been able to get some more infos ? I'm fighting with similar
problems with my K700i.

Regards,
Charles