2004-07-21 19:23:56

by niklas adolfsson

Subject: [Bluez-users] Update on sending from K700i

I have tried the sending from my K700i a bit more now. First of all it
seems that the problem lies on the phone side. I have used two different
Z600 and the can send picture after picture, the are very stable and can
use everything avaliable in bluez that i have tried without problems.
The K700i though is instable, it looses the connection, it just stands
ant chews at "connecting" and i have to turn it off to get it to stop,
then it won't start for about 30 seks it is as if the battery was taken
out. When i send somethings from the phone it connects sometimes and
sometimes not, when i can send something it hangs and won't release from
the bluetooth connection making it impossible to send anything more. If
i am able to disconnect the connection using for example "hcitool" then
if i try to go back on it won't work.

I have to see if i can update the software in the phone i guess, if
there are any updates considering bluetooth that is, otherwise it seems
that the bluetooth implementation in K700i is done badly by SonyEricsson.

Does anoyone know if the K700i can have some kind of new or different
bluetooth implementation model that bluez won't handle yet or is it as i
think that bluetooth is bluetooth and this phone is bad at it?

//niklas adolfsson

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Update on sending from K700i

Hi Niklas,

> I have tried the sending from my K700i a bit more now. First of all it
> seems that the problem lies on the phone side. I have used two different
> Z600 and the can send picture after picture, the are very stable and can
> use everything avaliable in bluez that i have tried without problems.
> The K700i though is instable, it looses the connection, it just stands
> ant chews at "connecting" and i have to turn it off to get it to stop,
> then it won't start for about 30 seks it is as if the battery was taken
> out. When i send somethings from the phone it connects sometimes and
> sometimes not, when i can send something it hangs and won't release from
> the bluetooth connection making it impossible to send anything more. If
> i am able to disconnect the connection using for example "hcitool" then
> if i try to go back on it won't work.
>
> I have to see if i can update the software in the phone i guess, if
> there are any updates considering bluetooth that is, otherwise it seems
> that the bluetooth implementation in K700i is done badly by SonyEricsson.
>
> Does anoyone know if the K700i can have some kind of new or different
> bluetooth implementation model that bluez won't handle yet or is it as i
> think that bluetooth is bluetooth and this phone is bad at it?

please try to update your phone, because I don't think that this is a
BlueZ problem. The RFCOMM layer is known to work with a big number of
phones without any problems. If SonyEricsson don't have a firmware
update for this problem, I need a K700i so I can change the RFCOMM layer
to get this phone working. However I will only do that if I have real
hardware to test against.

Regards

Marcel

by Timothy Murphy

On Thursday 19 August 2004 05:49, Charles Bueche wrote:

> I use kbluetoothd to receive files but haven't seen your bad behavior so
> far when sending files to my PC.

I don't have this phone,
but I was interested to see that you are using kde-bluetooth.
I looked at this - in fact installed it -
but it seemed to me more difficult to use
than "command line bluez".
However, I didn't try it much,
and wondered how you found it.

One thing that put me off was that it had a compiled binary /usr/bin/bluepin
in place of the usual Perl or Python script,

However, I would try it again
if I heard that people found it useful.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

by niklas adolfsson

Subject: SV: [Bluez-users] Update on sending from K700i

I use Gnome, but i have tried kde packages to. Anyway, it should work =
when
it does on the Z600 so...

//niklas=20