2004-09-01 13:01:23

by David Mackie

Subject: [Bluez-users] running 2 rfcomm modules simultaneously

Is it possiable to have two rfcomm modules loaded at the same time, each one
with a different PSM values? What I was attempting to do was to modify
rfcomm/core.c and recompile it into a new module, but it seems it is not as
simple as that as can be seen by this kernel Oops while unloading the
module.

Sep 1 01:16:12 warped l2cap_sock_kill: sk deec6380 state 9
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped l2cap_sock_destruct: sk deec6380
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
virtual address 00000004
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped printing eip:
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped c020496e
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped *pde = 00000000
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped Oops: 0002 [#1]
Sep 1 01:16:12 warped PREEMPT

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks,

Dave

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi David,

> > this is not possible this way. It needs more changes to provide such a
> > functionality and you must keep it inside the RFCOMM module. Why do you
> > need it?
>
> I had hoped to be able to "pick-up" data sent to the 2nd RFCOMM Module
> (using a new PCM value to differentiate it from the "Original") and pass it to
> another program to transport it across the network to another PC where it
> would be "injected" into a modified module there. At the moment, I am only
> loaded at a time, but would be interesting to do.

I don't really understand what you are trying to achieve, but I think
you should try it without putting RFCOMM on another PSM.

Regards

Marcel

by David Mackie

On Sun 2004-09-12 (16:08), Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Has anyone done something like this before?
>
> this is not possible this way. It needs more changes to provide such a
> functionality and you must keep it inside the RFCOMM module. Why do you
> need it?

I had hoped to be able to "pick-up" data sent to the 2nd RFCOMM Module
(using a new PCM value to differentiate it from the "Original") and pass it to
another program to transport it across the network to another PC where it
would be "injected" into a modified module there. At the moment, I am only
loaded at a time, but would be interesting to do.

-dave

--
David Mackie
MSc Student - Computer Science - Rhodes University

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi David,