2004-09-21 19:06:06

by martin f krafft

Subject: [Bluez-users] pairing with headset

Hi all,

I am using a 2.6.8.1 kernel and successfully communicate with my
Nokia 6230. Today, I got a Jabra BT 250 headset, which also works
fine.

However, I cannot make bluez see it. What's more, if I pair phone
and headset (which also works), then `hcitool scan` does not find
the phone anymore. I have to delete the pairing between the headset
and the phone to be able to communicate with the phone again.

What's going on? Can the phone only pair with one other device? Or
is the problem elsewhere?

Also, I can't figure out how to pair the computer with the headset
(assuming that phone and headset are not paired). I set the voice
type to 0x0040 (not sure why, but I saw it on the Internet; it also
does not work with 0x0060, the default) and I added Audio and
Telephony to the dongle's classes; I even added the HF SDP service.
But when I execute `hcitool scan`, only the phone shows up.

Here is hciconfig -a hci:

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 08:00:17:1D:35:D3 ACL MTU: 339:4 SCO MTU: 60:9
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:3116 acl:0 sco:0 events:107 errors:0
TX bytes:1624 acl:0 sco:0 commands:81 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0x3b 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: ACCEPT MASTER
Name: 'cirrus'
Class: 0xf20100
Service Classes: Networking, Object Transfer, Audio, Telephony, Information
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x180 LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x180
Manufacturer: RTX Telecom A/S (21)

and hciconfig hci0 voice

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 08:00:17:1D:35:D3 ACL MTU: 339:4 SCO MTU: 60:9
Voice setting: 0x0040
Input Coding: Linear
Input Data Format: 2's complement
Input Sample Size: 8 bit
# of bits padding at MSB: 0
Air Coding Format: CVSD

Thanks for any tips. I am a complete bluetooth newbie.

--
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
\____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: [email protected]

"sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic."
-- phil berman

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.18 kB)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by martin f krafft

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] pairing with headset

also sprach Pavel Ruzicka <[email protected]> [2004.09.22.0107 +0200]:
> You must hold headset button for about 7 seconds, when blue LED on
> Jabra goes permanently ON. Now is headset in pairing mode, and you
> will see it in hcitool scan. Jabra BT250 is visible only in
> pairing mode. Probably due to security reasons.

Oh, okay; now I got it working.

> This headset can be paired only with one device.

That's really annoying.

> Do you have some other experience?

No, but I will let you know.

> Other problem is, that I don't know if there are some working bluez sound
> driver. I doesn't test it.

It is being worked on.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bluetooth-alsa
http://www.gargan.org/linux/snd-bt-sco/

--
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
\____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: [email protected]

"twenty-four hour room-service must be one of the
premiere achievements of modern civilization."
-- special agent dale cooper

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.09 kB)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hi,

> I am using a 2.6.8.1 kernel and successfully communicate with my
> Nokia 6230. Today, I got a Jabra BT 250 headset, which also works
> fine.

I have Jabra BT250 too.

When you want to pair your Jabra in Bluez, you must set PIN to 0000, which
is Jabras default.
You must hold headset button for about 7 seconds, when blue LED on Jabra goes
permanently ON. Now is headset in pairing mode, and you will see it in
hcitool scan. Jabra BT250 is visible only in pairing mode. Probably due to
security reasons.

This headset can be paired only with one device.
Do you have some other experience?

Other problem is, that I don't know if there are some working bluez sound
driver. I doesn't test it.

> What's going on? Can the phone only pair with one other device? Or
> is the problem elsewhere?

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by Massimiliano Cuccia

Subject: [Bluez-users] suse9.1personal and bluetooth modprobe

Hi all,
I'm new to linux and to bluetooth
and I installed the suse 9.1 personal distro.

the command
modprobe -l | grep bluez
does not report nothing

so I think that there isn't any bluetooth support

but the command
modprobe -l | grep bluetooth
report a lot of voices
and from the console (if I remember) I can start bt,
so my phone (a Nokia 6600) can see my pc

this mean that there is something ... but what?
if I try hciconfig or hciid or hciemu the system
doesn't recognize the command

have I to install the bluez rpm modules?
or I'm ready to use and develop with bt? (i think no)

thanks

by Brad Midgley

Hi

(I thought I should cc: to the list)

> However, I cannot make bluez see it. What's more, if I pair phone
> and headset (which also works), then `hcitool scan` does not find
> the phone anymore. I have to delete the pairing between the headset
> and the phone to be able to communicate with the phone again.

With my Motorola v710 and an ericsson h60(?) headset, I have to *turn
off* the headset before I can connect the computer to the headset. You
don't have to go through the pain of "re" pairing that way. Even when
the headset is on but not being used to talk, it seems to have some kind
of 'weak' connection there.

> Also, I can't figure out how to pair the computer with the headset
> (assuming that phone and headset are not paired). I set the voice
> type to 0x0040 (not sure why, but I saw it on the Internet; it also
> does not work with 0x0060, the default) and I added Audio and
> Telephony to the dongle's classes; I even added the HF SDP service.
> But when I execute `hcitool scan`, only the phone shows up.

we're experimenting with audio at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bluetooth-alsa/

i will update the cvs sources. currently, you'll have to stick with
0x0060 (the default). currently, sound is jittery because it uses the
headset connection to pace the output (it should be tied to a clock instead)

Brad