2004-09-22 22:12:47

by Christoph Torens

Subject: [Bluez-users] automatic bnep0 configuration

Hello List,

I wonder if there is a way to automatically set up and
configure the bnep0 device that comes into existing after
a pand connection was set up. At the moment I create the
connection and do 'ifconfig bnep0 10.10.0.5'.
But when setting up something like a server you normally
can't do this ifconfig by hand.

I tried to configure this with /etc/network/interfaces
but that didn't help. I also tried to set 'auto bnep0'
but this only works at boot time, when the device is
not there yet.
What's the trick?

By the way: thanks for all the previous help, already :-)

Christoph

by Alberto Garcia Hierro

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] automatic bnep0 configuration

El Jueves, 23 de Septiembre de 2004 00:12, Christoph Torens escribi?:
> Hello List,
>
> I wonder if there is a way to automatically set up and
> configure the bnep0 device that comes into existing after
> a pand connection was set up. At the moment I create the
> connection and do 'ifconfig bnep0 10.10.0.5'.
> But when setting up something like a server you normally
> can't do this ifconfig by hand.
>
> I tried to configure this with /etc/network/interfaces
> but that didn't help. I also tried to set 'auto bnep0'
> but this only works at boot time, when the device is
> not there yet.
> What's the trick?
>
> By the way: thanks for all the previous help, already :-)

When a pand connection is established, /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up is executed,
passing args "interface baddr" (for example /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up bnep0
00:10:60:A2:3A:0B) . These are the scripts I use, you may find them usefull.
On the client side:

fiam@americana 100% ~ $ cat /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$2" = "00:10:60:A2:3A:0B" ]
then
ifconfig $1 192.168.3.2
if ! ifconfig | egrep "eth0|wlan0"
then
route add default gw 192.168.3.1
fi
else
mesg y
echo "Pand connection to $2" | write fiam
mesg n
fi

And on the server side:

fiam@ignition fiam $ cat /etc/bluetooth/pan/dev-up
#!/bin/bash

PAN_IFACE=pan0

if [ -z "$1" ]
then
exit 1
fi

if ! ifconfig -a |grep ${PAN_IFACE} &> /dev/null
then
brctl addbr ${PAN_IFACE}
brctl setfd ${PAN_IFACE} 0
brctl stp ${PAN_IFACE} disable
ifconfig ${PAN_IFACE} 192.168.3.1
fi

if ! iptables -t nat -L -v | \
egrep "REDIRECT( )*tcp( )*--( )*${PAN_IFACE}
( )*any( )*anywhere( )*!192.168.232.0/24
( )*tcp( )*dpt:www( )*redir( )*ports( )*3128"
then
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i ${PAN_IFACE} -p tcp -d !
192.168.3.0/24 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
fi

brctl addif ${PAN_IFACE} $1
ifconfig $1 0.0.0.0

Sorry for the ausence of comments, but I wrote these scripts yesterday and I
hadn't time to comment them. If you need further explanations, just ask :)

Regards,
Alberto

--
/* Alberto Garc?a Hierro (Skyhusker) */

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.13 kB)
(No filename) (190.00 B)

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> I tried to configure this with /etc/network/interfaces
> but that didn't help. I also tried to set 'auto bnep0'
> but this only works at boot time, when the device is
> not there yet.
> What's the trick?

This is done automatically by hotplug feature in kernel. I was problems, that
hotplug scripts was for kernel 2.4 and they doesn't correctly work with 2.6
kernel.

I have enabled "DEBUG=yes export DEBUG"
in /etc/hotplug.d/default/default.hotplug in Mandrake10.0 distribution.

Look at mailing list archive, because this was here discussed before
few months.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka