2004-08-26 13:30:11

by detlef.grittner

Subject: [Bluez-users] OBEX File-Transfer?

I found this service on my Nokia 6320 and my HP 5550 Pocket PC.
Both have a separate OBEX push protocoll as well.

Now I can send data from my Linux client to the Nokia and the HP using
Obex Push but not the other way round.
The Pocket PC 2003 doesn't even offer OBEX push as client protocoll but
only OBEX file-transfer. The Nokia and the HP can communicate via OBEX
in both directions.

So maybe, it has something to do with this OBEX file-transfer?
What is it and where can I get it for my Linux box?

Detlef

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] OBEX File-Transfer?

Hi Detlef,

> I found this service on my Nokia 6320 and my HP 5550 Pocket PC.
> Both have a separate OBEX push protocoll as well.
>
> Now I can send data from my Linux client to the Nokia and the HP using
> Obex Push but not the other way round.
> The Pocket PC 2003 doesn't even offer OBEX push as client protocoll but
> only OBEX file-transfer. The Nokia and the HP can communicate via OBEX
> in both directions.
>
> So maybe, it has something to do with this OBEX file-transfer?
> What is it and where can I get it for my Linux box?

I started with the btftp application some time ago. It is not finished
right now, but you can take a look at it in the obex CVS repostory. But
maybe you should search for ObexFTP.

Regards

Marcel

by Massimiliano Cuccia

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] compiling bluez/obex (btobex)

> 3 - for utils, I need yacc ... so I will report
> later
I installed bison from my distribution, so these are
the results of make command:

make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/maxc/prj/4/utils'
Making all in hcid
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/maxc/prj/4/utils/hcid'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/maxc/prj/4/utils/hcid'
Making all in tools
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/maxc/prj/4/utils/tools'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include
-I/usr/include -Wall -O2 -c sdptool.c
sdptool.c: In function `add_audio_source':
sdptool.c:1583: error: `AUDIO_SOURCE_SVCLASS_ID'
undeclared (first use in this function)
sdptool.c:1583: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
sdptool.c:1583: error: for each function it appears
in.)
sdptool.c:1587: error: `ADVANCED_AUDIO_PROFILE_ID'
undeclared (first use in this function)
sdptool.c:1598: error: `AVDTP_UUID' undeclared (first
use in this function)
sdptool.c: In function `add_audio_sink':
sdptool.c:1642: error: `AUDIO_SINK_SVCLASS_ID'
undeclared (first use in this function)
sdptool.c:1646: error: `ADVANCED_AUDIO_PROFILE_ID'
undeclared (first use in this function)
sdptool.c:1657: error: `AVDTP_UUID' undeclared (first
use in this function)
sdptool.c: At top level:
sdptool.c:1706: error: `AUDIO_SOURCE_SVCLASS_ID'
undeclared here (not in a function)
sdptool.c:1706: error: initializer element is not
constant
sdptool.c:1706: error: (near initialization for
`service[13].class')
sdptool.c:1706: error: initializer element is not
constant
sdptool.c:1706: error: (near initialization for
`service[13]')
sdptool.c:1707: error: `AUDIO_SINK_SVCLASS_ID'
undeclared here (not in a function)
sdptool.c:1707: error: initializer element is not
constant
sdptool.c:1707: error: (near initialization for
`service[14].class')
sdptool.c:1707: error: initializer element is not
constant
sdptool.c:1707: error: (near initialization for
`service[14]')
sdptool.c:1709: error: initializer element is not
constant
sdptool.c:1709: error: (near initialization for
`service[15]')
make[2]: *** [sdptool.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/maxc/prj/4/utils/tools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/maxc/prj/4/utils'
make: *** [all] Error 2

... where are the problems?
I only compiled libs, sdp and hcidump
the others (pan, utils, obex, bluefw and hciemu) are
giving errors

http://vote.yahoo.com

2004-09-28 22:55:48

by Massimiliano Cuccia

> simply call ./bootstrap in the CVS repository. It
> will do the correct
> autoconf/automake work for you and after that you
> can proceed with
> calling configure and so on.

Really, really thanks Marcel
I'm following this way
but I encountered some problems and I need help again

1 - running bootstrap give an error
"bad interpreter: no such file or directory"
So I proceded running the contents of the file itself
(copy-paste in the command line, excluding
"#!/bin/sh").

doing so I run configure, make and make install for
libs, sdp and hcidump without any error message.

compiling the others packages I encountered problems

2 - for pan and for hciemu, running configure I
obtains
"configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub"
3 - for utils, I need yacc ... so I will report later
4 - for bluefw, doing make I obtain:
"/usr/src/linux/include/linux/usbdevice_fs.h:49
variable or field '__user' declared void"
5 - for obex, during make, the "gcc ... -o btobex ..."
say: "./obex.c: undefined reference to
'OBEX_SetTransportMTU'"

where am I wrong now?

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

2004-09-28 07:15:26

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Massimiliano,

Subject: [Bluez-users] compiling bluez/obex (btobex)

> the INSTALL document says to execute ./configure,
> but
> the file is not included.
OK, reading some documentation about autoconf I have
found that is needed to run aclocal before running
autoconf.
So now I have a file named configure obtained without
any error message.
Then I try to run it.
the response is that "install.sh is missing"
I can't find that file in the obex dir
I controlled in the CVS, but the file isn't there.
... In other dirs of bluez I can find several files
named install.sh that seems equals ...
So i copyed the file from the bluefw dir in the obex
dir.
Now I run again the ./configure and it writes several
messages, then stops his execution saying that
"config.h is missing"

... and now?
how can I resolve these stopping points?

PS be patient with me, I am at the first packages
compilation in linux

for jouni: thanks, I will try gnome-obex-send later

by Massimiliano Cuccia

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] obexFTP ... does it works?

Hi Marcel
thanks for your help

> It is the Bluetooth
> RFCOMM channel number of the FTP service.
clear, thanks ... I have to study a bit more.
In the man pages I read that it is the channel number,
but I don't know that 10 is the ftp channel number.

> There is a tool call btobex in the BlueZ obex
> CVS repository that might work.

i downloaded the sources from the cvs repository
(module "alls")
the INSTALL document says to execute ./configure, but
the file is not included.
It says that the file can be generated using autoconf,
my output for "autoconf ./configure.in" is this:

configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
If this token and others are legitimate, please
use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:9: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:11: error: possibly undefined macro:
AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
configure.in:13: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_PREFIX_BLUEZ
configure.in:23: error: possibly undefined macro:
AC_PATH_BLUEZ

a file named configure is created even that error
messages ... so i executed it
this is the output:
./configure: line 1245: syntax error near unexpected
token `bluez-obex,'
./configure: line 1245: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(bluez-obex,
0.1)'

the last tempt was to execute the configure.in file,
the output was:
./configure.in: line 1: dnl
: command not found
./configure.in: line 2: dnl: command not found
./configure.in: line 3: dnl
: command not found
./configure.in: line 4:
: command not found
./configure.in: line 5: syntax error near unexpected
token `2.50'
./configure.in: line 5: `AC_PREREQ(2.50)
'
but I'm not surprised about this.

then I hed found a kde tool to use configuration
files: kconfigure
but the output was the same ...

How do I install? Where am I wrong?

----
autoconf 2.59
kconfigure 1.1 (kde 3.2.1, Qt 3.3.1)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Massimiliano,

> I installed linux suse 9.1 and some rpm from suse and
> now I have a bt support.
>
> I read in the suse help center a command line that can
> send files to my cell phones (Nokia 6600)
> here it is:
> obexftp -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -B 10 -p pippo.jpg
>
> (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is the addr I read using hcitool
> scan)
> (I don't know what is the -B 10 option)

have you tried to look this up with "man obexftp"? It is the Bluetooth

Subject: [Bluez-users] obexFTP ... does it works?

I installed linux suse 9.1 and some rpm from suse and
now I have a bt support.

I read in the suse help center a command line that can
send files to my cell phones (Nokia 6600)
here it is:
obexftp -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -B 10 -p pippo.jpg

(xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is the addr I read using hcitool
scan)
(I don't know what is the -B 10 option)

I already installed obexftp 1.0.1 but it doesn't works
it says failed
anyone can help me to understand why?
others operation works correctly, so I can send a file
(note or image) to my linux (using opd) from my phone.

The same operation works if i use the KDEBluetooth
framework ... but I need a command line tool

In the application BjOD (Bluetooth joke of the day)
the authors are using ussp-push to achieve the same
result, but it does not works too

does anyone knows a way to send a file to a phone
using command line?
thanks

-----
linux suse 9.1 (kernel 2.6)