2004-09-29 12:15:46

by Jin Pu

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez-hciemu-1.0 install error- Glib Not found

Good day:

When I want to install bluez-hciemu-1.0 into my Red
Hat 9, I got an error when I start ./configure to
generate Makefile.

---here is the error when execute ./configure ---
checking for GLib ...
checking for glib-config... not found
configure: error: GLib not found
---then ./configure exit back to the shell---

I know from the README, I need GLib package before
install the hciemu. But I suppose that the package is
already installed with RedHat 9.

What' wrong with it and what shoud I do?

by [email protected]

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 08:15:46PM +0800, Jin Pu wrote:
> checking for glib-config... not found
> configure: error: GLib not found
> ---then ./configure exit back to the shell---
>
> I know from the README, I need GLib package before
> install the hciemu. But I suppose that the package is
> already installed with RedHat 9.

You need glib-devel package in RH9 or in Fedora. When developing
something, you need many devel-packages.

After error like this, you could try if you find yourself the missing
file/program. One method here:

# locate glib-config
.....probably won't find it.

Then to < http://rpm.pbone.net/ >
and "Search for rpms which contain given file name": "glib-config"

...you can guess from the results, you'll need glib-devel package.

// jouni