2004-10-08 10:09:52

by Sven Ehret

Subject: [Bluez-users] hid2hci: No devices in HCI mode found

running Gentoo Linux. I searched the web like crazy but did not get
much or even helpful information.

# uname -a
Linux svens-gentoo-buechse 2.6.9-rc2 #3 Wed Oct 6 19:34:44 CEST 2004
i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.53GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

# hciconfig
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0A:3A:51:F6:C7 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:84009 acl:1345 sco:0 events:8445 errors:0
TX bytes:1274818 acl:8338 sco:0 commands:66 errors:0

# lsmod
Module Size Used by
hidp 11008 2
l2cap 18692 10 rfcomm,hidp
ohci_hcd 18052 0
ehci_hcd 25348 0
uhci_hcd 27664 0
8139cp 15360 0
via_agp 7040 1
firmware_class 7168 1 bcm203x
hci_usb 8448 2
usbcore 95204 7 ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd,bcm203x,hci_usb
nvidia 4810516 12
8139too 19456 0
mii 3968 2 8139cp,8139too
(some modules not listed for clarity)

I'm thankful for any hints, as usual.

--
Sven Ehret

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Alberto,

> I think there isn't any problems in the Gentoo package. I'm pretty sure the
> problem is a bad configuration. Change HID2DCI_ENABLE=true to
> HID2DCI_ENABLE=false in /etc/conf.d/bluetooth and the message will
> dissappear.

actually it is safe to run hid2hci every time at boot even if you don't
own a HID Proxy Bluetooth dongle, but in that case you shouldn't see any
error messages. So using the -q switch is better.

Regards

Marcel

by Alberto Garcia Hierro

El Viernes, 8 de Octubre de 2004 13:22, Marcel Holtmann escribi?:
> Hi Sven,
>
> > running Gentoo Linux. I searched the web like crazy but did not get
> > much or even helpful information.
>
> don't care about that message, because not so much people have a HID
> Proxy Bluetooth dongle. Talk to the Gentoo package maintainer and tell
> him/her to use the -q switch to suppress this message.

Hi Sven and Marcel,
I think there isn't any problems in the Gentoo package. I'm pretty sure the
problem is a bad configuration. Change HID2DCI_ENABLE=true to
HID2DCI_ENABLE=false in /etc/conf.d/bluetooth and the message will
dissappear.

Regards,
Alberto
--