2004-10-22 12:55:46

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] problem with keyboard/mouse

Hi Dave,

> The gentoo forums had this advice....
>
> ---------------------------------
> You'll see an error when applying the patch... Confused :
> Quote:
>
> patching file drivers/bluetooth/hci_usb.c
> patching file include/net/bluetooth/bluetooth.h
> patching file include/net/bluetooth/hci_core.h
> patching file include/net/bluetooth/hci.h
> patching file Makefile
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
> patching file net/bluetooth/af_bluetooth.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/bnep/core.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hci_core.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hci_event.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hci_sock.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/core.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/hid.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/hid.h
> patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/hidp.h
> patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/Makefile
> patching file net/bluetooth/Kconfig
> patching file net/bluetooth/l2cap.c
> patching file net/bluetooth/rfcomm/sock.c
> That's totaly normal
>
> -----------------------------
> anyway, do you have any idea what my error might be or is this something
> I need to go back to the gentoo folks with?

if you only see a reject for the Makefile then this ok as long as
Makefile.rej only shows you the hunk for the EXTRAVERSION.

Maybe you wanna do a "make clean" or "make distclean" first. Or simply
try a vanilla 2.6.9-mh1.

Regards

Marcel

by Dave Sailer

I tried that yesterday. I moved the old source out of the way and
re-emerged 2.6.8.1. I could try 2.6.9 gentoo and the patch.... joy, more
compiling.

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 09:53, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> > to add my grain of salt : I run 2.6.9-gentoo with patch-2.6.9-mh1.gz,
> > and I see no problem at all. I have however no Microsoft hardware, only
> > a Logitech MX900 mouse.
>
> this is not a hardware problem. I think the kernel source code got
> corrupted and the compilation produced bad code. He must start from a
> clean kernel source.
>
> However if the HID boot protocol mode is enough, then the 2.6.8 kernel
> includes everything you need.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2004-10-22 13:53:01

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Charles,

> to add my grain of salt : I run 2.6.9-gentoo with patch-2.6.9-mh1.gz,
> and I see no problem at all. I have however no Microsoft hardware, only
> a Logitech MX900 mouse.

this is not a hardware problem. I think the kernel source code got
corrupted and the compilation produced bad code. He must start from a
clean kernel source.

However if the HID boot protocol mode is enough, then the 2.6.8 kernel
includes everything you need.

Regards

Marcel

by Charles Bueche

Hi,

to add my grain of salt : I run 2.6.9-gentoo with patch-2.6.9-mh1.gz,
and I see no problem at all. I have however no Microsoft hardware, only
a Logitech MX900 mouse.

Charles

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:55:46 +0200
Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> > The gentoo forums had this advice....
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > You'll see an error when applying the patch... Confused :
> > Quote:
> >
> > patching file drivers/bluetooth/hci_usb.c
> > patching file include/net/bluetooth/bluetooth.h
> > patching file include/net/bluetooth/hci_core.h
> > patching file include/net/bluetooth/hci.h
> > patching file Makefile
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
> > 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
> > patching file net/bluetooth/af_bluetooth.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/bnep/core.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hci_conn.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hci_core.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hci_event.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hci_sock.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/core.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/hid.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/hid.h
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/hidp.h
> > patching file net/bluetooth/hidp/Makefile
> > patching file net/bluetooth/Kconfig
> > patching file net/bluetooth/l2cap.c
> > patching file net/bluetooth/rfcomm/sock.c
> > That's totaly normal
> >
> > -----------------------------
> > anyway, do you have any idea what my error might be or is this
> > something I need to go back to the gentoo folks with?
>
> if you only see a reject for the Makefile then this ok as long as
> Makefile.rej only shows you the hunk for the EXTRAVERSION.
>
> Maybe you wanna do a "make clean" or "make distclean" first. Or simply
> try a vanilla 2.6.9-mh1.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Charles Bueche <[email protected]>