2004-10-23 09:13:55

by mahabaleshwara k

Subject: [Bluez-users] help for bluez installation

Hi all,
I am new user of bluez. I want to know about detailed
installation of bluez because I don't know about
kernal compilation and other stuffs in linux which is
mentioned in bluez site. I am having linux 2.4.20-8
kernal. It has all ready some bluez modules. Whether
we have to install other bluez packages mentioned in
site? Without that can't we run bluetooth on my USB
dongle D-Link DBT-120 B4. My target is to do file
transfer(picture) between two computers.
Please help me in this regard.
Thank you all in advance.

Mahabaleshwara
Student

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] help for bluez installation

Hi Mahabaleshwara,

> I am new user of bluez. I want to know about detailed
> installation of bluez because I don't know about
> kernal compilation and other stuffs in linux which is
> mentioned in bluez site. I am having linux 2.4.20-8
> kernal. It has all ready some bluez modules. Whether
> we have to install other bluez packages mentioned in
> site? Without that can't we run bluetooth on my USB
> dongle D-Link DBT-120 B4. My target is to do file
> transfer(picture) between two computers.

there are so many kernel compilation howtos on the internet, you should
start looking at one or use a Linux Distribution with all this stuff
already prepared. You can try the upcoming SuSE 9.2 or a Debian Sid.

Regards

Marcel