2004-11-22 15:41:17

by Dave Givens

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth Printing (Belkin Print Server)

Marcel et al,
I have taken Marcels advice and moved to SUSE 9.2 after trying
Debian on the way. I could not get Debian to work with SATA and so it
was a non starter for this system. SUSE works a treat with SATA,
wireless LAN card and everything but my bluetooth print server. I cannot
find any services for this device, my phone shows up fine as does a
windows bluetooth enabled machine. I have included results from some
commands, please let me know if there are any others I should run. Any
help would be greatly appreciated as I have very little hair left.

admin@Gimli:~> hcitool inq
Inquiring ...
00:0F:DE:1C:2A:59 clock offset: 0x2893 class: 0x520204
00:09:DD:10:39:03 clock offset: 0x7eae class: 0x020104
00:02:72:40:80:A3 clock offset: 0x2151 class: 0x040680
admin@Gimli:~> hcitool inq
Scanning ...
00:0F:DE:1C:2A:59 dave
00:09:DD:10:39:03 DRAGON
00:02:72:40:80:A3 BELKIN_PRT_4080A3
admin@Gimli:~> hcitool info 00:02:72:40:80:A3
Requesting information ...
BD Address: 00:02:72:40:80:A3
Device Name: BELKIN_PRT_4080A3
LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
<park state> <RSSI> <channel quality> <SCO link> <HV2 packets>
<HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD> <paging scheme>
<power control> <transparent SCO>
admin@Gimli:~> hcidump -x
HCIDump - HCI packet analyzer ver 1.11
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
< HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
A3 80 40 72 02 00 18 CC 02 00 00 00 01
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
00 01 05 04
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
00 29 00 A3 80 40 72 02 00 01 00
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Connect req: psm 1 scid 0x0040
< HCI Command: Write Link Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) plen 4
29 00 0F 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 6
01 0D 08 00 29 00
> HCI Event: Page Scan Repetition Mode Change (0x20) plen 7
A3 80 40 72 02 00 01
> HCI Event: Max Slots Change (0x1b) plen 3
29 00 05
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Connect rsp: dcid 0x0051 scid 0x0040 result 0 status 0
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0051 flags 0x0000 clen 0
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0040 flags 0x0000 result 0 clen 0
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0040 flags 0x0000 clen 4
MTU 672
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0051 flags 0x0000 result 0 clen 0
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 26
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0051 len 22 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x11
pat uuid-32 0x1002 (PubBrwsGrp)
max 0xffff
aid(s) 0x0000 - 0xffff
cont 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 15
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 11 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x6
cnt 0x3
cont 00
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn req: dcid 0x0051 scid 0x0040
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Connect req: psm 1 scid 0x0041
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Disconn rsp: dcid 0x0051 scid 0x0040
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Connect rsp: dcid 0x0052 scid 0x0041 result 0 status 0
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 12
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0052 flags 0x0000 clen 0
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0041 flags 0x0000 result 0 clen 0
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 16
L2CAP(s): Config req: dcid 0x0041 flags 0x0000 clen 4
MTU 672
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(s): Config rsp: scid 0x0052 flags 0x0000 result 0 clen 0
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 26
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0052 len 22 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Req: tid 0x0 len 0x11
pat uuid-32 0x0100 (L2CAP)
max 0xffff
aid(s) 0x0000 - 0xffff
cont 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
01 29 00 01 00
> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 17
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 13 [psm 1]
SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x8
cnt 0x3
cont 02 00 00
..... (etc etc etc) ....

Dave Givens

2004-11-25 01:08:05

by Dave Givens

Stefan,
The TSP700 is an 80mm wide thermal receipt or voucher printer, no it
cannot handle postscript. But I have tried with other printers that can
and it makes no difference. It works fine with the belkin print server
under windows but not under Linux. The problem seems to lie with the
print server.

Dave Givens

Stefan Behlert wrote:

>Moin,
>
>On Nov 23, 04 18:57:01 +0000, Dave Givens wrote:
>

>>Stefan,
>> Yes I did configure it the way you have suggested, but when it comes
>>to the uri, I entered bluetooth://0002724080A3 as per instructions. This
>>does not allow me to specify that the printer is a Star TSP700 or
>>install the specific drivers for the model.
>>

>Hm. I still think that that's the problem so I'm going to stress that
>issue a little bit more...sorry :)
>I'm not sure what of the printer model mentioned in the Yast-modul is
>compatible to the TSP700. Can the TSP handle postscript?
>
> Stefan
>

>>Dave Givens

2004-11-24 06:06:36

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dave,

> Sorry for the stupid question, here are the results you asked for.

please attach them as *.txt files.

And the information so far are looking a little bit weird. For the
serial port they use UUID32 and for HCRP they use UUID16. I've never
seen this before.

However may you wanna force it to use the serial port profile. I haven't
tried this for a long time, but actually this URI should do it:

bluetooth://0002724080A3/spp

In hcidump you should now see a connection to RFCOMM channel 3 (DLCI 6).

Regards

Marcel

by Stefan Behlert

--
Stefan Behlert

by Dave Givens

Marcel,
Sorry for the stupid question, here are the results you asked for.

sdptest............
Sequence
Attribute 0x0000 - Service record handle
UINT32 0x00010000
Attribute 0x0001 - Service class ID list
Sequence
UUID32 0x00001101
Attribute 0x0004 - Protocol descriptor list
Sequence
Sequence
UUID32 0x00000100
Sequence
UUID32 0x00000003
UINT8 0x03
Attribute 0x0100
String Virtual [USB Printer]
Sequence
Attribute 0x0000 - Service record handle
UINT32 0x00010001
Attribute 0x0001 - Service class ID list
Sequence
UUID16 0x1126 - HCR Print
Attribute 0x0004 - Protocol descriptor list
Sequence
Sequence
UUID16 0x0100 - L2CAP
UINT16 0x1013
Sequence
UUID16 0x0012 - Hardcopy Control Channel
Attribute 0x000d - Additional protocol descriptor lists
Sequence
Sequence
Sequence
UUID16 0x0100 - L2CAP
UINT16 0x1011
Sequence
UUID16 0x0014 - Hardcopy Data Channel
Attribute 0x0100
String Hardcopy Cable Replacement
Attribute 0x0300
String 00 38 4d 46 47 3a 53 74 61 72 3b 43 4d 44 3a 53 54 41 52
3b 4d 44 4c 3a 54 53 50 37 30 30 20 28 53 54 52 5f 54 2d 55 30 30 31 29
3b 43 4c 53 3a 50 52 49 4e 54 45 52 3b
Attribute 0x0302
String TSP700 (STR_T-U001)
Attribute 0x0304
String TSP700 (STR_T-U001)

hcitool .......
Requesting information ...
BD Address: 00:02:72:40:80:A3
Device Name: BELKIN_PRT_4080A3
LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
<park state> <RSSI> <channel quality> <SCO link> <HV2 packets>
<HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD> <paging scheme>
<power control> <transparent SCO>

Thanks
Dave Givens

Stefan Behlert wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>On Nov 23, 04 15:49:18 +0000, Dave Givens wrote:
>

>>Stefan,
>> Marcel is correct, the web page I tried is localhost:631. I have also
>>

>Ah, swat. Didn't use that for a loooong time.
>

>>tried using Yast, the same problem occurs, the additional problem with
>>this way is that you cannot specify what drivers to use.
>>

>Sorry, I don't understand that part: 'cannot specify what drivers to use'.
>I think the problem is, that your printer is not specified.
>I know only the Yast-way to configure that - sorry :|
>In the printer-module of Yast, you must specify an 'other printer' to set
>the URI, and afterwards you can specify which type of printer you use. Was
>that the way you tried to configure it with Yast, or did you do it another
>way? If that was your way, I have no idea what's wrong :(
>
> ciao,
> Stefan
>

>>Marcel,
>> The problem is still here, I have tried everything I can think of .
>>The device is a Belkin Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter (F8T031uk). If you
>>need use of the device let me know where to send it to and I will ship
>>it to you.
>>
>>Dave Givens

2004-11-23 17:26:49

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dave,

> When I try to run the ./bootstrap command it comes back saying I
> need configure.ac or configure.in. Which should I use?

check that autoconf, automake and libtool are installed.

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>

>> The problem is still here, I have tried everything I can think
>>of . The device is a Belkin Bluetooth USB Printer Adapter (F8T031uk).
>>If you need use of the device let me know where to send it to and I
>>will ship it to you.
>>

>what kind of printer do you connected to the adapter?
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Stefan Behlert

--
Stefan Behlert

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Dave,

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Stefan,
>

>>> I have tried that via the web page and the KDE Print manager. It
>>>still does not work. The blue light on the print server flashes wildly
>>>for ever, but nothing prints. The same result is obtained by clicking on
>>>

>>Since you are using Suse, have you tried to configure it using Yast?
>>Printing via BT worked fine for me after configuring it with Yast. Never
>>tried the KDE Printmanager, so I can't say much about that.
>>(Which webpage are you refering to,btw.?)
>>

>the webpage should be localhost:631 and I always configured my printers
>this way.
>

>>The flashing ligth looks to me like the printer is receiving data, but the
>>printer is not understanding it. Otoh I might be wrong :)
>>I would suggest to configure the pritner with Yast, and set the correct
>>printer there.
>>

>I also think that maybe the printer settings are wrong, because actually
>the Bluetooth CUPS backend is quite dump and it is only a transport.
>
>However if this device is still not working I need one of these to check
>by myself what is going wrong.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>

>> I have taken Marcels advice and moved to SUSE 9.2 after trying
>>Debian on the way. I could not get Debian to work with SATA and so it
>>was a non starter for this system. SUSE works a treat with SATA,
>>wireless LAN card and everything but my bluetooth print server. I
>>cannot find any services for this device, my phone shows up fine as
>>does a windows bluetooth enabled machine. I have included results from
>>some commands, please let me know if there are any others I should
>>run. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have very little hair
>>left.
>>

>what do you actually wanna do? If you wanna print to your Bluetooth
>printer then setup a new CUPS printer with "bluetooth://0002724080A3/"
>as URI and simply use it.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Dave Givens

Marcel,
I have tried that via the web page and the KDE Print manager. It
still does not work. The blue light on the print server flashes wildly
for ever, but nothing prints. The same result is obtained by clicking on
the icon under bluetooth devices. Lots of lights but no print. I have
tried other printers, but get the same results.
I have been trying to set-up the printer for several weeks now and I
have read all the bluez postings, I have tried everything that has been
suggested on your site and all others I can find.
The output from hcidump went on forever but seems to repeat what I
have included. I had to kill the job to stop the file before it filled
the hard disk. Is there anything else that might give me a clue as to
what is wrong? I have tried to include the data that I thought you might
need.

Dave Givens

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>

>> I have taken Marcels advice and moved to SUSE 9.2 after trying
>>Debian on the way. I could not get Debian to work with SATA and so it
>>was a non starter for this system. SUSE works a treat with SATA,
>>wireless LAN card and everything but my bluetooth print server. I
>>cannot find any services for this device, my phone shows up fine as
>>does a windows bluetooth enabled machine. I have included results from
>>some commands, please let me know if there are any others I should
>>run. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have very little hair
>>left.
>>

>what do you actually wanna do? If you wanna print to your Bluetooth
>printer then setup a new CUPS printer with "bluetooth://0002724080A3/"
>as URI and simply use it.
>
>Regards
>
>Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann