2004-11-24 18:54:12

by Andrew de Quincey

Subject: [Bluez-users] rfcomm problems

Hi, I'm using linux kernel 2.6.9, gentoo, bluez-utils/libs 2.10.
I have a Nokia 3650, with firmware 3.16.

I've initially been just trying to connect to the phone using rfcomm...

rfcomm connect 0 MACADDR 1

this works - I get the "Press Ctrl-C to hangup" and /dev/rfcomm0 appears
(using udev BTW).

I then try to use minicom on /dev/rfcomm0. It opens it OK, but nothing
happens... I mean, I send AT commands at it, but I get no response. Do I have
to use a certain set of serial port settings (I've tried quite a few)?

I also tried running hcidump whilst typing stuff in minicom - nothing was
logged.

What am I missing?