2004-12-01 00:57:11

by wim delvaux

Subject: [Bluez-users] convert sdp browse list to icons`

Can anybody point me to a document describing how to map an sdp service entry
to the 'class' of a service.

I.e. if the 'text' field (attribute 0x100) shows 'dialup networking' then
connecting to this service provides just that. However could this string be
different from device to device ? If so is there a CODE somewhere in that sdp
record that says the same but does not change ?

I thing the attribute 0x9 (BluetoothProfileDescriptorList) can be used for
that but it is a LIST meaning multiple values are allowed to there might be
different values in that entry ...

by David Mackie

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] convert sdp browse list to icons`

The specification docs can be found at http://www.bluetooth.org/spec/

--
David Mackie
email: [email protected] web: http://dmackie.rucus.net/

by wim delvaux

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 12:57, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> > > You should use the "Service class ID list" (attribute 0x0001) list.
> >
> > Is there any table i could refer to to find out which ID maps to which
> > feature ?
>
> check the SDP part of the Bluetooth specification and look at the SDP
> part of assigned numbers document.

Sorry to nag you again but where can I find (and access) that document ?

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Wim,

> > You should use the "Service class ID list" (attribute 0x0001) list.
>
> Is there any table i could refer to to find out which ID maps to which
> feature ?

check the SDP part of the Bluetooth specification and look at the SDP
part of assigned numbers document.

Regards

Marcel

by wim delvaux

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 12:45, wim delvaux wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 07:25, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > Hi Wim,
> >
> > > Can anybody point me to a document describing how to map an sdp service
> > > entry to the 'class' of a service.
> >
> > as far as I know there exists no mapping for that.
> >
> > > I.e. if the 'text' field (attribute 0x100) shows 'dialup networking'
> > > then connecting to this service provides just that. However could this
> > > string be different from device to device ? If so is there a CODE
> > > somewhere in that sdp record that says the same but does not change ?
> >
> > The text field can be freely choosen.
> >
> > > I thing the attribute 0x9 (BluetoothProfileDescriptorList) can be used
> > > for that but it is a LIST meaning multiple values are allowed to there
> > > might be different values in that entry ...
> >
> > You should use the "Service class ID list" (attribute 0x0001) list.
>
> Is there any table i could refer to to find out which ID maps to which
> feature ?

And which entry to perfer ? Again this is a list i.e. containing multiple
items. So which to choose ?

by wim delvaux

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 07:25, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> > Can anybody point me to a document describing how to map an sdp service
> > entry to the 'class' of a service.
>
> as far as I know there exists no mapping for that.
>
> > I.e. if the 'text' field (attribute 0x100) shows 'dialup networking'
> > then connecting to this service provides just that. However could this
> > string be different from device to device ? If so is there a CODE
> > somewhere in that sdp record that says the same but does not change ?
>
> The text field can be freely choosen.
>
> > I thing the attribute 0x9 (BluetoothProfileDescriptorList) can be used
> > for that but it is a LIST meaning multiple values are allowed to there
> > might be different values in that entry ...
>
> You should use the "Service class ID list" (attribute 0x0001) list.

Is there any table i could refer to to find out which ID maps to which
feature ?

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann