2004-12-02 23:25:02

by wim delvaux

Subject: [Bluez-users] managing pairing

Hi all,

another question. I suppose the link_key file can contain link keys to
multiple remove BT devices (e.g a USB BT dongle and a BT Phone)

I also presume that each link_key is associated to the bdaddress of the remote
device it relates to.

so

1. can the link_key file be browsed to find all the devices a link_key exists
for

2. can one 'remove' one such record from the link_key file and assume that the
pairing will retry once removed (much like removing the link_key file
completely)

by wim delvaux

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] managing pairing

On Sunday 05 December 2004 01:59, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 00:25, wim delvaux wrote:
> > another question. I suppose the link_key file can contain link keys to
> > multiple remove BT devices (e.g a USB BT dongle and a BT Phone)
> >
> > I also presume that each link_key is associated to the bdaddress of the
> > remote device it relates to.
> >
> > 1. can the link_key file be browsed to find all the devices a link_key
> > exists for
> >
> > 2. can one 'remove' one such record from the link_key file and assume
> > that the pairing will retry once removed (much like removing the link_key
> > file completely)
>
> Just for the record and for the KDE users out there:
> The KDE Bluetooth Framework just got it's own link key management tool a
> few minutes ago, so you can see and remove any paired device without using
> a hex editor or deleting the whole link key file now. I just wonder why no
> one seemed to miss something like that the whole time.

opie has it now too ;-)

However i think that for safety one should start/stop the hcid because it
'could' open the link_key file while one is rewriting it

> regards
> Fred

by Fred Schaettgen

--
Fred Schaettgen

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Wim,

> > there were plans to move this file into a text file, but no code has
> > been written so far. However you can do your modification by hand, but
> > at the moment after each change the hcid must be restarted.
>
> restarting is doable.
> If I understand properly, the file is binary. Can you point me to the
> source file where the IO to the link_key file is written ? For the time being
> I could use that code to load the link_key file and later use the proper
> ASCII format.

check utils/hcid/hcid.h and utils/hcid/security.c.

Regards

Marcel

by wim delvaux

On Friday 03 December 2004 03:57, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> > another question. I suppose the link_key file can contain link keys to
> > multiple remove BT devices (e.g a USB BT dongle and a BT Phone)
> >
> > I also presume that each link_key is associated to the bdaddress of the
> > remote device it relates to.
> >
> > so
> >
> > 1. can the link_key file be browsed to find all the devices a link_key
> > exists for
> >
> > 2. can one 'remove' one such record from the link_key file and assume
> > that the pairing will retry once removed (much like removing the link_key
> > file completely)
>
> there were plans to move this file into a text file, but no code has
> been written so far. However you can do your modification by hand, but
> at the moment after each change the hcid must be restarted.

restarting is doable.
If I understand properly, the file is binary. Can you point me to the
source file where the IO to the link_key file is written ? For the time being
I could use that code to load the link_key file and later use the proper
ASCII format.

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann