2004-12-04 01:51:25

by wim delvaux

Subject: [Bluez-users] nonblocking connect : Wrong return code ?

when using a nonblocking socket,

when the connect is requested the errno that is returned is 11. (resource
temporarily unavailable)

Man page says that it should be EINPROGRESS (which is 115).

Man page for connect says :

EINPROGRESS :

The socket is non-blocking and the connection cannot be completed immediately.
It is possible to select(2) or poll(2) for completion by selecting

but

EAGAIN :

No more free local ports or insufficient entries in the routing cache

EAGAIN is a proper return code for this situations for read or write but not
for connect ...

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Wim,

> when using a nonblocking socket,
>
> when the connect is requested the errno that is returned is 11. (resource
> temporarily unavailable)
>
> Man page says that it should be EINPROGRESS (which is 115).
>
> Man page for connect says :
>
> EINPROGRESS :
>
> The socket is non-blocking and the connection cannot be completed immediately.
> It is possible to select(2) or poll(2) for completion by selecting
>
> but
>
> EAGAIN :
>
> No more free local ports or insufficient entries in the routing cache
>

> EAGAIN is a proper return code for this situations for read or write but not
> for connect ...

we had this questions a long time ago and I never got a final answer
from anyone what is the right way to do. However the change must be done
in bt_sock_wait_state() and you must check rfcomm/sock.c, l2cap.c and
sco.c if it is still working as expected. Feel free to send in a patch
for it.

Regards

Marcel