2004-12-09 14:07:44

by wim delvaux

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez freezes kernel on Ipaq

Hi all,

it looks like if you perform bluez actions (which I do not know) from two
different applications at the same time, there are chances that the kernel
freezes (i.e. complete hang of the system even with serial console connected.

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluez freezes kernel on Ipaq

Hi Wim,

> > > it looks like if you perform bluez actions (which I do not know) from two
> > > different applications at the same time, there are chances that the
> > > kernel freezes (i.e. complete hang of the system even with serial console
> > > connected.
> >
> > may you tell us of what kernel and what version of BlueZ we are talking?
>
> familiar release 0.7.3 on Ipaq. I do not know which version of bluez is in
> there but it is a 2.4.19 kernel.

the latest patch for that kernel version is -mh18 and you should check
if it is in there or not.

Regards

Marcel

by wim delvaux

On Thursday 09 December 2004 15:22, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> > it looks like if you perform bluez actions (which I do not know) from two
> > different applications at the same time, there are chances that the
> > kernel freezes (i.e. complete hang of the system even with serial console
> > connected.
>
> may you tell us of what kernel and what version of BlueZ we are talking?

familiar release 0.7.3 on Ipaq. I do not know which version of bluez is in
there but it is a 2.4.19 kernel.

Bluez libs, the latest version

> Regards
>
> Marcel