2004-12-13 19:14:18

by wim delvaux

Subject: [Bluez-users] more on rfcomm : function not implemented.

I think it might have something to do with PAND --search --persist --cache

If pand is NOT running i can perform hcitool scan and get
response from my phone.

When I start pand with above options, after it 'detects' my desktop's PAND
hcitool scan fails and l2ping too

Ideas ?

by wim delvaux

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 00:31, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> > I think it might have something to do with PAND --search --persist
> > --cache
> >
> > If pand is NOT running i can perform hcitool scan and get
> > response from my phone.
> >
> > When I start pand with above options, after it 'detects' my desktop's
> > PAND hcitool scan fails and l2ping too
>
> is this still the iPAQ with build id 0x72? If yes, then this is the
> reason, because you can't connect while you run an inquiry or start an
> inquiry while you have a connection open. The second restriction is gone
> with HCI 16.x firmwares.

yes it was the same Ipaq. However

pand --connect xxxx --persist does not have the same problem
as a --search. It might be that the search 'locks' more resources
than the direct connect.

I will see if I can find some upgrade ...

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Wim,