2005-01-09 17:45:26

by Benoit Panizzon

Subject: [Bluez-users] Accept incomming serial connection (palm hotsync)

Hi all

I'm trying to be able to sync my palm zire via bluetooth.

As I understood from the ircomm or USBtty Connection the palm just wants to
build a simple serial connection to the hotsync host.

Everything else via bluetooth works fine: obexpush, dund... (strange it does
not recognize pand, but I assume palm only supports dund...)

But I don't manage to build a serial connection.

When I add bind yes into frcomm.conf then the computer initiates the
connection and the palm of course rejects it...

So the solutions seamed to be to have an entry in rfcomm.conf with bind no and
then use:

rfcomm list /dev/rfcomm1 8

To announce channel 8 as serial service and then have the palm connect to
rfcomm1.

Unfortunately before the palm connects the rfcomm1 device is not availabe and
without it being available the palm does not seam to want to connect...

Are there any 'undocummented' options to rfcomm to make the device show being
present and waiting for the palm to connect? Like dund does?

Regards
-Benoit-

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Benoit,

> I'm trying to be able to sync my palm zire via bluetooth.
>
> As I understood from the ircomm or USBtty Connection the palm just wants to
> build a simple serial connection to the hotsync host.
>
> Everything else via bluetooth works fine: obexpush, dund... (strange it does
> not recognize pand, but I assume palm only supports dund...)
>
> But I don't manage to build a serial connection.
>
> When I add bind yes into frcomm.conf then the computer initiates the
> connection and the palm of course rejects it...
>
> So the solutions seamed to be to have an entry in rfcomm.conf with bind no and
> then use:
>
> rfcomm list /dev/rfcomm1 8
>
> To announce channel 8 as serial service and then have the palm connect to
> rfcomm1.
>
> Unfortunately before the palm connects the rfcomm1 device is not availabe and
> without it being available the palm does not seam to want to connect...
>
> Are there any 'undocummented' options to rfcomm to make the device show being
> present and waiting for the palm to connect? Like dund does?

no. You have to write something by yourself.

Regards

Marcel