2005-01-15 08:07:53

by Russell Turner

Subject: [Bluez-users] Microsoft bluetooth mouse - wheel support

Hi Everyone,
I have successfully upgraded my Debian kernel to 2.6.10 (including the
patch-2.6.10-mh1) and connected my mouse by

modprobe hidp
hidd --server

But no scroll wheel support! If I type "hidd --show" I get
00:50:F2:E8:5E:FA HID Boot Device [045e:0098] connected [boot-protocol]

So it seems that I get only a boot-mode connection. If I run xev it shows no
activity when I use the scroll-wheel.

Can anyone please help me about how I can get scroll-wheel support for my
lovely blue mouse!

Thanks.

Russell.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Russell,

> I have successfully upgraded my Debian kernel to 2.6.10 (including the
> patch-2.6.10-mh1) and connected my mouse by
>
> modprobe hidp
> hidd --server
>
> But no scroll wheel support! If I type "hidd --show" I get
> 00:50:F2:E8:5E:FA HID Boot Device [045e:0098] connected [boot-protocol]
>
> So it seems that I get only a boot-mode connection. If I run xev it shows no
> activity when I use the scroll-wheel.
>
> Can anyone please help me about how I can get scroll-wheel support for my
> lovely blue mouse!

the patch-2.6.10-mh1 is missing the preliminary report mode protocol
support. I had to drop it because of resync problems with the mainline
kernel, but it will be back in 2.6.10-mh2.

Regards

Marcel

by CIJOML

Section "InputDevice"