2005-01-25 03:42:51

by m r

Subject: [Bluez-users] Help sending a file

Can anyone tell me the steps to send a file via
bluetooth. I have two desktops one with Fedora C2,
and all bluez packages installed, the other windows
and D-Link bluetooth software installed. I have two
usb dongles D-Link 120's. Each device can see the
other, and pair, but I can't seem to figure out how to
do file transfers. I have looked everywhere on the web
and can't seem to find any answers. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Matt

http://my.yahoo.com

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Help sending a file

Marcel's site is a good starting point :)

http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

After success you can simply use samba, ftp, scp or what you want :)

Michal

Dne st 26. ledna 2005 21:33 m r napsal(a):
> Hello, Thank you for all your suggestions! Please
> excuse my ignorance on this topic. I am new to
> bluetooth and linux. Does anyone know where I could
> find info on the net about sending files via bnep and
> TCP, or using DUN. I have found a little but cannot
> seem to piece the proper instructions together, or I
> am missing something. Specifically how to set up the
> TCP, or DUN on both machines and commands for sending
> files, I believe I know how to get bnep running. So
> far all I can do is send a file to XP using ussp-push,
> so I know things are working. Your help is greatly
> appreciated! Thank you in advance.
> Matt
>
> --- Michal Semler <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Easyest way is to start bnep and send files via TCP
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Michal
> >
> > Dne =FAt 25. ledna 2005 04:42 m r napsal(a):
> > > Can anyone tell me the steps to send a file via
> > > bluetooth. I have two desktops one with Fedora
> >
> > C2,
> >
> > > and all bluez packages installed, the other
> >
> > windows
> >
> > > and D-Link bluetooth software installed. I have
> >
> > two
> >
> > > usb dongles D-Link 120's. Each device can see the
> > > other, and pair, but I can't seem to figure out
> >
> > how to
> >
> > > do file transfers. I have looked everywhere on the
> >
> > web
> >
> > > and can't seem to find any answers. Any help
> >
> > would be
> >
> > > greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
> > >
> > > Matt

> > Interactive Reporting
> >
> > > Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop
> >
> > reports. Save time
> >
> > > by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to
> >
> > DOC, XLS, RTF, etc.
> >
> > > Download a FREE copy at
> >
> > http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl

> > --
> > S pozdravem
> >
> > Michal Semler

> > Interactive Reporting
> > Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop
> > reports. Save time
> > by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to
> > DOC, XLS, RTF, etc.
> > Download a FREE copy at
> > http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl

=2D-=20
S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by m r

> [...]

> Interactive Reporting
> Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop
> reports. Save time
> by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to
> DOC, XLS, RTF, etc.
> Download a FREE copy at
> http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl

by CIJOML

Easyest way is to start bnep and send files via TCP :)

Michal

Dne =FAt 25. ledna 2005 04:42 m r napsal(a):
> Can anyone tell me the steps to send a file via
> bluetooth. I have two desktops one with Fedora C2,
> and all bluez packages installed, the other windows
> and D-Link bluetooth software installed. I have two
> usb dongles D-Link 120's. Each device can see the
> other, and pair, but I can't seem to figure out how to
> do file transfers. I have looked everywhere on the web
> and can't seem to find any answers. Any help would be

=2D-=20
S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

You can use PAN profile. This is something like "ethernet over bluetooth".
One side you must setup like a server.
On linux you must have running hcid, sdpd and pand --listen.
You must preconfigure interface bnep0 which is on some systems
at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bnep0.
When client side tried to connect network to server, then pand activate
interface bnep0. You will see it in ifconfig.
You can try to ping between client and server.
When the connection is established, you can use standard applications,
like on metalic ethernet.
For example SMB (Samba server, windows client), FTP server - client,
SSH server - WinSCP klient or anything else...

Other informations you can find here: http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/
Specially PAND howto. Some informations are outdated.
Maybe someone else knows better information sources.
You can try google...

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka