2005-02-02 22:07:15

by Jesse Guardiani

Subject: [Bluez-users] CSR USB dongle w/BT 1.2 and headset/handsfree profiles?

Hello,

I've been googling, but not much luck. Does
anyone know of a CSR chipset based USB dongle
that is firmware upgradeable to BT 1.2 (or
ships with BT 1.2) and that also supports the
headset and handsfree profiles under Bluez?

All the CSR chipset dongles I've seen so far
appear to be BT 1.1, but I'd really really
like to own an BT 1.2 dongle with AFH!

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

by Pavel Ruzicka

Hello,

> D-Link DBT-120 rev B3 is your choice :)

yes, I upgraded succesfully this dongle from BT1.1 to BT1.2.
I used this manual: http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/dfu.html

I don't know about other dongle with CSR and BT1.2.
I have too MSI dongle, but firmware upgrade is not available.
Maybe they sells now new version of dongle, but informations on the web
are not clear.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/communication/cmu/pro_cmu_detail.php?UID=449

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka

by CIJOML

D-Link DBT-120 rev B3 is your choice :)

Michal

Dne st 2. =FAnora 2005 23:07 Jesse Guardiani napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I've been googling, but not much luck. Does
> anyone know of a CSR chipset based USB dongle
> that is firmware upgradeable to BT 1.2 (or
> ships with BT 1.2) and that also supports the
> headset and handsfree profiles under Bluez?
>
> All the CSR chipset dongles I've seen so far
> appear to be BT 1.1, but I'd really really
> like to own an BT 1.2 dongle with AFH!
>
> Thanks!

=2D-=20
S pozdravem