2005-02-04 14:56:18

by benbouzid imad

Subject: [Bluez-users] installing bluez in an access point

how can I install bluez in a new kernel.
i want to build this application in my linux kernel in
a dsl chip. the kenel of the chip is 2.6.

Is bluez a module of the kernel or just an application
in the user space?

and if someone can help me I had a small problem with
DNS.
How can I set a DNS IP-adress with a bash command for
my bnep0 interface??

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] PAN-BNEP-and TCP/IP

Hi,

> Tanks for your help I see the bnep.c file and the
> pand.h, when we perform a connection the pan call a
> bnep fonction which create the bnep0 interface. Bnep
> interface interact directlly with the TCP/IP stack so
> we can immagine that bnep is in the layer 2 just under
> IP.

and again. OSI is only model and you may know that TCP/IP exists before
the ISO/OSI model.

> ps: pand.c doesn't exist because we dosen't need it.
> All is being do by bnep, isn't it?

And who should create the connection then?

Regards

Marcel

by benbouzid imad

Hi Marcel,

Tanks for your help I see the bnep.c file and the
pand.h, when we perform a connection the pan call a
bnep fonction which create the bnep0 interface. Bnep
interface interact directlly with the TCP/IP stack so
we can immagine that bnep is in the layer 2 just under
IP.
ps: pand.c doesn't exist because we dosen't need it.
All is being do by bnep, isn't it?

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> a ?crit :
> [...]

> Marcel

> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I was thinking about how PAN profile interact with the
> TCP/IP stacks in blueZ.
> PAN uses the BNEP layer to provide layer 3 IP data and
> for instance how do we detect a ping answer or a ping
> request?

when using BNEP you get a virtual network card in your system for every
connection. So call ifconfig and you see bnep0, bnep1 and so on network
devices. They work like physical network cards and so every IP stuff in

Subject: [Bluez-users] PAN-BNEP-and TCP/IP

Hi Marcel,

I was thinking about how PAN profile interact with the
TCP/IP stacks in blueZ.
PAN uses the BNEP layer to provide layer 3 IP data and
for instance how do we detect a ping answer or a ping
request?

regards
imad

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> exuse me but I think that there is a lot of staff here
> ;)
> and please don't answear me in one line like you do
> somtimes " see the howto about ..." ;))))

if I think it is appropriate, I will do that as always. See the paper
from ESR for why.

> okay, if I understand , the protocols are modules and
> the profiles are implemented like apllications(library
> +utils)
> in My DSP i have kernel moduls but not all the moduls
> of 2.6 linux but just moduls that I need for my chip.
> so I have to impleent moduls of blueZ and its profiles
> apllication. I will impleent only profiles that I nedd
> such PAN, CTP,etc... after that I build my kernel in a
> target file that I send to my chip.

For PAN you need the BNEP kernel module and this means you also need the
L2CAP kernel module and the Bluetooth subsystem core.

For CTP you will also need SCO if you haven't connected your device
through an external PCM.

> I would like to know wich profile are present in blueZ
> because when I do
> #man -k bluetooth
> I see just pand and dund profile. how can I find the
> help of other profil If there are implemented in
> bluez.

I see a lot more when I do that, but there exists presentations from me
that have a quite extensive list of supported profiles. You will find
the links to them at the BlueZ website.

> and can you give me modules that I have to add in my
> kernel,because I havn't bluetooth subsystem
> implemented in my chip kernel.

No. You have the source and so do it by yourself.

> in mmy file '/etc/resolv.conf' I have the IP adresse
> of my DNS.
> nameserver 10.10.10.10
> but it dosn't work what's the matter.
> it work for my eth0 interface but not for bnep0????

Basically this is not a BlueZ question. Consult a Linux network howto.

> okay , here is the file /proc/bus/usb/devices.
> and the problem is ; when i plug this usb dongle in
> one PC i cn't see it when i do a scan or an inquery.
> and when I plug it in the second PC the problem is
> diferent it doesn't want to set up it :
>
> # hciconfig hci0 up
> Can't init device hci0: Device or resource busy (16)

You use the BCM92035 (PID 0x2009) I was lately talking about. A patch
for this dongle can be found in the mailing list archive.

Regards

Marcel

by benbouzid imad

Hi dear Marcel,

exuse me but I think that there is a lot of staff here
;)
and please don't answear me in one line like you do
somtimes " see the howto about ..." ;))))

tanks a lot mister Holtmann,

--- Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
>the protocol part of BlueZ are mostly done as kernel
>modules. Also the
>host transport drivers are kernel drivers. The
profiles >are implemented
>as applications (library + utils).

>Use a 2.6.10 kernel with the -mh3 patch and you have
a >very good kernel
>with the latest Bluetooth subsystem. Install
>bluez-{libs|utils}-2.15.
>
> it is a kernel patch against the vanilla 2.6.10 to
> add the latest
> changes to the Bluetooth subsystem.

okay, if I understand , the protocols are modules and
the profiles are implemented like apllications(library
+utils)
in My DSP i have kernel moduls but not all the moduls
of 2.6 linux but just moduls that I need for my chip.
so I have to impleent moduls of blueZ and its profiles
apllication. I will impleent only profiles that I nedd
such PAN, CTP,etc... after that I build my kernel in a
target file that I send to my chip.

I would like to know wich profile are present in blueZ
because when I do
#man -k bluetooth
I see just pand and dund profile. how can I find the
help of other profil If there are implemented in
bluez.

and can you give me modules that I have to add in my
kernel,because I havn't bluetooth subsystem
implemented in my chip kernel.

> > > You must use a DNS or DNS-Proxy server for that.
> >
> > ther is a DNS server in the network and I had it
> IP
> > adress. but how can I tell this adresse to my
> bnep0
> > interface. a PANU is connected to a NAP and when I
> > ping a google with his IP adresse it works well.
> but
> > when I ping http://www.google.fr it dosen't work because
> he
> > hasn't the adress of my DNS how can I tell it to
> > bnep0? is there a bash command like
>
> Enter it in /etc/resolv.conf.

in mmy file '/etc/resolv.conf' I have the IP adresse
of my DNS.
nameserver 10.10.10.10
but it dosn't work what's the matter.
it work for my eth0 interface but not for bnep0????

> > Is there a probleme with 2035 broadcom chip? when
> > use it with bluez I can't see it with a remote
> device
> > when I do an inquery or a scan.
>
> What 2035 is this? USB or UART? If USB send in the
> content
> of /proc/bus/usb/devices.

okay , here is the file /proc/bus/usb/devices.
and the problem is ; when i plug this usb dongle in
one PC i cn't see it when i do a scan or an inquery.
and when I plug it in the second PC the problem is
diferent it doesn't want to set up it :

# hciconfig hci0 up
Can't init device hci0: Device or resource busy (16)

'/proc/bus/usb/devices'

T: Bus=02 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1
Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 0/900 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8
#Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 uhci_hcd
S: Product=UHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1f.4
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00
Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1
Spd=12 MxCh= 2
B: Alloc= 64/900 us ( 7%), #Int= 4, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8
#Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 2.06
S: Manufacturer=Linux 2.6.10-1.741_FC3 uhci_hcd
S: Product=UHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=0000:00:1f.2
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00
Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 10
Spd=12 MxCh= 3
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8
#Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0a5c ProdID=3535 Rev= 1.00
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=150mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00
Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 1 Ivl=255ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=10 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 11
Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01 MxPS=64
#Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0a5c ProdID=2009 Rev= 1.26
S: Manufacturer=Broadcom Corp
S: Product=Targus Bluetooth Adapter
S: SerialNumber=710300020800
C:* #Ifs= 4 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=hci_usb
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 16 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=02(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 0 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 0 Ivl=1ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 2 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 9 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 9 Ivl=1ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 2 #EPs= 2 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 17 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 17 Ivl=1ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 3 #EPs= 2 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 32 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 32 Ivl=1ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 4 #EPs= 2 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 64 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 64 Ivl=1ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 5 #EPs= 2 Cls=e0(unk. ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=83(I) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 64 Ivl=1ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=01(Isoc) MxPS= 64 Ivl=1ms
I: If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=ff Prot=ff
Driver=(none)
E: Ad=84(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 32 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=04(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 32 Ivl=0ms
I: If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=fe(app. ) Sub=01 Prot=00
Driver=(none)

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=10 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 12
Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8
#Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0a5c ProdID=3502 Rev= 1.00
S: SerialNumber=710300020800
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=01
Driver=usbhid
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=10 Port=02 Cnt=03 Dev#= 13
Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8
#Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0a5c ProdID=3503 Rev= 1.00
S: SerialNumber=710300020800
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=02
Driver=usbhid
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=10ms

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> > Use a 2.6.10 kernel with the -mh3 patch and you have
> > a very good kernel
> > with the latest Bluetooth subsystem. Install
> > bluez-{libs|utils}-2.15.
>
> okay I will try that, (the -mh3 patch is a kernel?) .

it is a kernel patch against the vanilla 2.6.10 to add the latest
changes to the Bluetooth subsystem.

> Is there a probleme with 2035 broadcom chip? when I
> use it with bluez I can't see it with a remote device
> when I do an inquery or a scan.

What 2035 is this? USB or UART? If USB send in the content
of /proc/bus/usb/devices.

> > You must use a DNS or DNS-Proxy server for that.
>
> ther is a DNS server in the network and I had it IP
> adress. but how can I tell this adresse to my bnep0
> interface. a PANU is connected to a NAP and when I
> ping a google with his IP adresse it works well. but
> when I ping http://www.google.fr it dosen't work because he
> hasn't the adress of my DNS how can I tell it to
> bnep0? is there a bash command like

Enter it in /etc/resolv.conf.

Regards

Marcel