2005-02-09 23:17:16

by Mandalia Hiren-AHM047

Subject: [Bluez-users] BT programming

hi there

I'm a newbie to BT programming. I have successfully installed my BT
hardware device using BlueZ packages. As a next goal I need to write my own code for simple applications like Chat and/or PIM Item Transfer based profile. Does blueZ have implemented profiles like OBEX, DUN, etc that I can use?

Also when I'm trying to connect to a particular remote BT device using
hcitool cc .. it does not work..no connection is established.. any idea why is that happening?

Thanks
Hiren Mandalia

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BT programming

Hi,

maybe this is your project :)

http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/btchat/

Michal

Dne =E8t 10. =FAnora 2005 0:17 Mandalia Hiren-AHM047 napsal(a):
> hi there
>
> I'm a newbie to BT programming. I have successfully installed my BT
> hardware device using BlueZ packages. As a next goal I need to write my o=
wn
> code for simple applications like Chat and/or PIM Item Transfer based
> profile. Does blueZ have implemented profiles like OBEX, DUN, etc that I
> can use?
>
> Also when I'm trying to connect to a particular remote BT device using
> hcitool cc .. it does not work..no connection is established.. any idea w=
hy
> is that happening?
>
> Thanks
> Hiren Mandalia

=2D-=20
S pozdravem

Michal Semler

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Hiren,

> I'm a newbie to BT programming. I have successfully installed my BT
> hardware device using BlueZ packages. As a next goal I need to write my own code for simple applications like Chat and/or PIM Item Transfer based profile. Does blueZ have implemented profiles like OBEX, DUN, etc that I can use?

the profiles are implemented in applications. Either you find a
application that fits your needs or you have to write one. Be more
specific about what profiles and what roles do you wanna support.

> Also when I'm trying to connect to a particular remote BT device using
> hcitool cc .. it does not work..no connection is established.. any idea why is that happening?

Check with "hcidump -X" what's the error code, but as I always say there
is no need to establish an ACL link by hand. The kernel core will do it
when one is needed.

Regards

Marcel