2005-02-18 23:24:32

by Mandalia Hiren-AHM047

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth support on FC3

Hello,

I recently installed Fedora Core 3 on my laptop. Before that I used Fedora Core 1. My Bluetooth USB device worked perfectly on FC1 but on FC3 it doesn't. when I do a "hciconfig -a up" it shows my USB device but BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 , and everything else zero. Basically it reports Bluetooth device DOWN.. following is the script..

hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0
DOWN
RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
TX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 commands:0 errors:0

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks
Hiren

by Alain Volmat

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth support on FC3

Hi Hiren,

the bluetooth device must be UP in order to be usable (and see the BDAddress
with hcitool). Probably, hcid is not started in your current
configuration so the module is not automatically put UP as soon as it is
plugged.

or if you just want to put the module UP, then
hcitool hci0 up
is what you're looking for.

Alain

* Mandalia Hiren-AHM047 [Fri, 18 Feb 2005 at 17:24 -0600]
<quote>